Where are you brooky??

Guest estelle

Guest estelle

Okay, don't get me wrong, i love cubecart and i'd always chose & recommend it over oscommerce/zencart....... but the bugs are really bugging me.

Brooky, considering you're not in the support forum helping people out, perhaps you're frantically trying to fix all the obvious bugs in the "final" release? I'm guessing this is this just a side project for you, yeah?

What i don't understand, is that the incorrect sale discount is displayed in the sale items box, and its such an obvious bug, and yet it hasn't been fixed in what you call a "final" release. I mean, come *on*.

Other bugs that are bugging me....

* image manager is not working at all (not happening for everyone though?)

* printable receipt has no way of returning to store

* stock level not decreasing correctly (apparently, but i haven't tested this far yet)

* customer can add as many products as they want to their cart and stock level is not checked until viewing cart (annoying but only minor)

But..... this is still the best affordable PHP ecommerce software anywhere, and i do love it. And you will be getting my 70 bucks as soon as i start getting customers visiting my store (which is taking longer than expected considering i'm messing around trying to fix bugs, and helping out on the forum...)

I'm not brooky so won't answer for him...

But from what I understand, this is a full-time job for brooky, not just a side project. And the reason you don't see him in the forums is because of the number of emails and private messages, and problem tickets people send to him. If there are still bugs in the code, I'm sure he's working on them.

Just remember, the only way to spot a bug, is by people reporting them to him... it'd be a pretty hard task for 1 person to completely debug a program by testing out every single function... thats why we have the forum, so users of the script can point out bugs they find, and we can resolve them :(

Name 1 script thats completely bug free :D

If your complaining about bugs you obviously haven't used windoze or OSC / Zencart. Compared to these Cubecart is out on its own....

Guest estelle

Cool, well considering its a full-time job for him, i'm even happier about handing over my $70! :whistle:

And i'm sure all the bugs will be fixed eventually... it just seemed a bit strange that some of them were so obvious, and not only that they would probably be quite simple for him to fix (eg. the sale box bug).

But, as i said before, i still think CubeCart is really awesome.... especially the way skins are setup... brilliant! :)

Name 1 script thats completely bug free :w00t:

Booker's Bug-free Script.

Mind you.... I haven't written it yet :whistle:

I'll take a copy of that :)

Guest estelle

If your complaining about bugs you obviously  haven't used  windoze or OSC / Zencart.  Compared to these Cubecart is out on its own....

I have tried OSC and ZenCart. Obviously CubeCart is much better, and i do love it. But the difference is that OSC and ZenCart are free, whereas CubeCart costs $70... so i can't help but have higher expectations.

Guest estelle

Name 1 script thats completely bug free :w00t:

Booker's Bug-free Script.

Mind you.... I haven't written it yet :whistle:

Let us know when your finished :)

Brooky, considering you're not in the support forum helping people out, perhaps you're frantically trying to fix all the obvious bugs in the "final" release? I'm guessing this is this just a side project for you, yeah?

Hi,

I hear ya! :whistle:

This is my full time job and after the weekend I have been absolutely overwhelmed with support tickets, private messages, bug fixing and general email.

I've pinned a topic in general support and I will do my best to have these problems rectified by next Friday at the latest.

It has taken 6 months full time work to get CC3 where it is and I'm sure you can imagine I am exhaused and at times want to run away and never come back.

I simply can't spend time in the forums on top of tickets, email and development although I wish I could.

We will get there!! Even if it kills me in the process...

Guest clothahump

Keep up the good work Brooky, maybe worth putting it back to Beta until 100%, less complaints that way. :whistle:

Maybe but then I'm kinda messing people about.. I'll release 3.0.1 asap.

The changes between beta - "final" were enormous and being the single developer I think I became blind. I've spent the last two days replying to email which is actually quite good as it gives a desperately required break from coding.

We will take on another full time employee as soon as we can afford to. In the mean time I'll just have to crack on.

I'm very grateful to ALL those who help each othere here o the forums and they play a very big part in the entire project. :whistle:

Guest estelle

For the price, it already is the best!! :w00t:

:whistle: Sorry. It just seemed strange that some bugs were so obvious, but i'm sure you have your reasons for releasing the final version when you did.

But anyway, its just nice to know that you're hearing us :) You must be getting burnt out!! I just hope you can make enough money for all the time you've put into it!

And it really is a great piece of software and i'm already recommending it to absolutely everyone... Thanks brooky!!