fantastico 2.07 ungrade to 3

Guest emailanj

Guest emailanj

Hi Newbie here,

Can someone please help me with step by step instuctions for upgrading if you recieved the cart through your host. I have downloaded the files but don't know if I should unzip them or upload the unziped files to a ftp location.

Thanks for any and all help

anj

Guest twisted

At the present time, there is no upgrade to go from v.2.x.x to v.3

If you are using a version 2, and wish to go to v.3., then you need to delete your version 2 files, uload your v.3 files and re-install cubecart using the installation script.

If you currently have a v.2 store, and info/products/customers you have, cannot be directly imported into v.3. You will have to manually re-add everything.

At the present time, there is no upgrade to go from v.2.x.x to v.3

If you are using a version 2, and wish to go to v.3., then you need to delete your version 2 files, uload your v.3 files and re-install cubecart using the installation script.

If you currently have a v.2 store, and info/products/customers you have, cannot be directly imported into v.3. You will have to manually re-add everything.

;) :on2long:

Me too but I believe many will not upgrade to Version 3 because of it. We may find more people using 2 than 3 in months to come!

I for one won't be changing over, would take too long to manually do it.

I for one feel the same and because of this have started work on an upgrade script for v2 to v3 the problem that i am finding at the moment is the extra fields that come with v3. Up shot is going thru whole cart to find a happy medium to set as default value or saying i can convert your database for you but you will have to go in and edit your products to take advantage of all v3 has to offer and then there is the fact that oh so many of us dont have standard databases any more so all them mods will have to go im afraid. :o

Agreed. Not including an upgrade path is effectively killing off your existing userbase. Interesting direction, to say the least!

Along these lines, is there a feature comparison between 2 and 3? I'm interested to know what was improved/added. Thanks.

Guest desquinn

I must admit that being a prospective user of CC3 it does scare me that there was no upgrade path ffrom version 2. Whats to say that the same will not be true for the next major version?

I dont want to commit a lot of effort to effectively be stranded later on down the line.

might still roll the dic and go with CC3 but it does concern me a lot.

I must admit that being a prospective user of CC3 it does scare me that there was no upgrade path ffrom version 2. Whats to say that the same will not be true for the next major version?

I dont want to commit a lot of effort to effectively be stranded later on down the line.

might still roll the dic and go with CC3 but it does concern me a lot.

Don't worry, there wont be a v4 any time in the near (or even remotely near) future :w00t:

It's taken several years to get v3 out, and even now, many people will be sticking with v2, as its still stable and perfectly usable.

v4 is a couple of years away. The task of making an upgrade script is MASSIVE hence it hasn't been released yet. As I'm sure you can understand the priority is getting it working (and stable).

3.0.1 has some minor bugs still which need to be fixed. Once we are happy we will try and make an upgrade script. Most products with an upgrdade script derive from the product prior to it. version 3 was written from scratch with no code from v2 hence making the upgrade script is very tough.

Guest desquinn

well glad to hear that there is plans to develop an upgrade script at some point :w00t:

I understand the difficulties involved with upgrade scripts and especially when you have rewritten things from scratch.

Perhaps a product export to CSV format and then an import from CSV. This would allow you dealing with 2 different DB schemas and make it managable with restricting what can be imported. e.g. Basic product info but no stock levels etc.

Exporting a product list would be a good feature in itself :cry: for migrating product lists between carts.

I am really looking forward to using cube cart

Guest aquarius

If someone would be so kind to post sqlscript for v2 and v3 here, without any private data. I would be more than happy to give it a try and possibly make a conversion script.

anyone ?

M

Guest teddy

Somewhat along these same lines, I have started a store with V3.0 on my site

http://www.hobbiesco.com

and have found that customizing the v2, version would have been easier. So I may just "downgrade" that site, and set it up with v2.

I know it will take a while to get all my products and everything put back in, but I guess that's the price I'll pay.

Any thoughts? ;)