Which files copy when upgrading?

Hi,

I want to upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1

Must I upload only upload the "upgrade.php" in the directory "3.0.0-3.0.1" ? Or all files in the "upload"-directory excluding "includes/global.inc.php" ?

If all, this means the complete package ???

Does all options will be work in the new one or must I configure all new ?

Regards, MarcoSo

You need to replace every file on the server with the new ones in the package EXCEPT includes/global.inc.php

Say you store url is:

www.domain.com/store/

On your server you need to copy upgrade.php from the correct folder in the upgrdae scripts to:

/path/to/store/

Then run the script at:

www.domain.com/store/upgrade.php

And it should be done.

Guest benseb

What about templates and language files? I have modified these so cannot overwrite, if we need to change anything could you give an upgrade guide for these files?

Ben

You need to replace every file on the server with the new ones in the package EXCEPT includes/global.inc.php

Say you store url is:

www.domain.com/store/

On your server you need to copy upgrade.php from the correct folder in the upgrdae scripts to:

/path/to/store/

Then run the script at:

www.domain.com/store/upgrade.php

And it should be done.

And if I had done exactly that and it still shows CubeCart 3.0.0 in the footer in the store and in admin it flashes a sign Updates available....what can be wrong?

What about templates and language files? I have modified these so cannot overwrite, if we need to change anything could you give an upgrade guide for these files?

Ben

It's fine to leave your templates as they are. It's the source code which has been modified.

Guest vrakas

And if I had done exactly that and it still shows CubeCart 3.0.0 in the footer in the store and in admin it flashes a sign Updates available....what can be wrong?

Dont worry i did it 3 times so far and have the same problem :D

It is still 3.00 and updates is available is flashing he he

PS The upgrade script did not work this time so i used the install steps.

After a lot of errors with MySQL etc i managed to do it 3.01 but the homepage has changed to default.

You can't use the zip file to extract on the site as it does not overwrite all the files.

I am going to wait for a while before i attemp this on my clients site. ;)