volume discounts?

Guest jodawi

Guest jodawi

Is there any way with cubecart to do volume discounts? ie, one price if the total number of objects of type x is less than 10, a different price per item if the total is between 10 and 20, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

*bump* :rolleyes:

Hi...

I just installed cubecart and need to do the exact same thing... basically it's a discount for different levels of bulk-order. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Jeff

I have this mod for ver 2 set up already and installed on a clients site, this is holding me up as well on transfering him 2 v3.

I am looking into this myself and spoke to another cuber about doing this for me and he thinks he can.

Watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Goober

you got me all exicted there but to no avail

All though your mod is discount by quantity its not quite what we are after yours gives discount on shipping and we need it on products.

i.e price of product = £9.99

buy 10 or more price of product = £8.99

if this makes sense good if not holla and ill point u to a website with it on but for V2

Guest tbladecki

I offer qty discounts on my site, but I just set them up as options and discount each item.

the only catch is that I do not have a way to make sure that they order the correct number to receive the discount yet, I have not figured that out.... I would like to have the "qty" to add to the cart change upon selecting the option, but I have not got that far yet.

tbladecki - why don't you implement it like this:

Item base price $1.

Option 1: "10 items for $9" (ie. option adds $8)

Option 2: "20 items for $16" (ie. option adds $15)

Which works fine, but only if you don't need to worry about the stock levels. Because currently the stock level is directly affected by the item quantity, and there is no way to have different options reduce the stock level by different amounts.

• 1 year later...