perhaps a ripoff

got this email the other day and i think it is a rip off they claim to have a shopping cart made from cc (fashioned from) please leave respnses in this forum and feel free to email me

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

*edited*Cart Shopping Cart is released!

You are receiving this email because you are registered to receive emails from http://cube.*edited*.com/

This email is to notify you of a great new shopping cart made available to you by the mod creator Michael **********, who is responsible for all the mods found at http://cube.*edited*.com

This cart is very similar to Cube Cart, which is what I modeled *edited*Cart from. I am planning on charging $150 once it's all finished. For now I have decided to release it as a beta version and charge $120. It has been tested very well, but could still find bugs once others start using it, and I also still have a few more things I plan to add to it. Since my wife had our baby 3 weeks ago, I have fallen way behind what I had hope to have done, so now I just want to get it ready and make it available. That's why I decided to make the $120 beta version available while I finish working on it. It's basically all finished, there are just a few minor features I am still planning on adding to it. Once it's all complete you will get the updated files at no extra charge.

This is not a copy of Cube Cart with my mods added to it. This is a totally new cart using some of the ideas that came from Cube Cart. It has been written to be compatible with the newer, tougher server settings, such as register_globals set to "OFF", which will also help it to run smoother and with fewer operational bugs.

Find more information at http://cube.*edited*.com/view_product.php?...ct=*edited*Cart

hmm.... i think its a little more than "modelled" on cubecart...

Very surprised to see that from michael though, wouldnt've expected something like that.

Guest estelle

lol - that cart is completely broken in FireFox ;)

And I thought it was just a totally crap design ;)

UGH.... DISGUSTING!!! Let us know how you go with sorting it out, Brooky.

P.S. I love CubeCart!!! Thanks Brooky :P

Guest OskMedia

give him credit maybe its not cube cart maybe he just 100 percently based it on it .........even though the url layout and some images are cube cart styledwont know for sure until you see the code :D but i would sure email and want to see it

Erm...

The layout is the same, the variable names are the same, the file names are the same, the icons are the same, it has the same browser veriation behavious, admin is identical apart from the menu is different, it has the same payment modules, the way it handles image uploads is identical with same text... I could go on for hours!

It is blatently a rip off. No question about it.

give him credit maybe its not cube cart maybe he just 100 percently based it on it .........even though the url layout and some images are cube cart styledwont know for sure until you see the code :D but i would sure email and want to see it

Give him credit my ass.

click this link to learn more.

:::edited as means of evidense::: - By Brooky

Two big"ifs" followed, possibly, by a very loud bang.

1) if you are certain that the site violates your copyright and

2) the site is hosted anywhere in the USA

You can have his web site shut down within a few hours using the US law that so many people hate - but is a wonderful tool for the protection of programmers and freelance writers - the CDMA.

If you do not know how to file a conforming CDMA complaint of copyright violation - and it must be done with a care to the specifics of the law - just ask. I've used it on more than one occasion with dramatic effect against plagarists.

http://*edited*.com/images/makethumb.txt

LOL.

He seemed like a cool dude that *edited*. Did a few mods didn't he? Wonder what hes doing this *edited* for. Maybe its candid camera man.

The owner contacted me saying:

Please do what you feel you need to do. I put a lot of work into my cart and don't plan on removing it. I'm sorry it looks like cube cart, but there is only so much you can do with the looks of a shopping cart, and I'm not very creative when it comes to design."

I will be talking to our Lawyer tomorrow!

Two big"ifs" followed, possibly, by a very loud bang.

1) if you are certain that the site violates your copyright and

2) the site is hosted anywhere in the USA

You can have his web site shut down within a few hours using the US law that so many people hate - but is a wonderful tool for the protection of programmers and freelance writers - the CDMA.

If you do not know how to file a conforming CDMA complaint of copyright violation - and it must be done with a care to the specifics of the law - just ask. I've used it on more than one occasion with dramatic effect against plagarists.

Thanks for the heads up. I cannot express my anger enough about this. Version 2 was a vast amount of work and to think some one can steal your work and sell it as their own is simply terrible.

I will do everything in my power to take them down. And this also means that it will take time away from further development to do so!!