Adding Kindle User Agent Strings

Dirty Butter

The onscreen keyboard on my Kindle HD disappears when I try to type anything on our site on the Kindle, so there is no way to register, etc.

I did find the user agent strings for the two types of Kindles online, but I don't understand how to add them to the existing list in gui.class.php.

Kindle Fire Tablet:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Kindle Fire Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Kindle Silk Browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us; Silk/1.1.0-80) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16 Silk-Accelerated=true

If that is not the reason I'm having the keyboard problem on my Kindle - any ideas or suggestions?

Not too long ago, I saw a TV commercial that had a real-live online chat help person assist the owner of the Kindle with some sort of configuration problem. Is that a possible source of assistance for you? (No doubt, the commercial certainly implied such assistance was at no cost, but perhaps any such assistance might be $19.95 a minute?)

In CC5214, 'kindle' is in the preg_match pattern. To add 'silk', try making this edit:

...|psp|series(4|6)0|symbian|...

To:

...|psp|series(4|6)0|silk|symbian|...

Thanks for the effort, but it did not fix it on Blueprint - tried silk as second term, too - didn't work. It does work in some parts, such as Search, but won't Register or Login. This is evidently a Blueprint problem, so I'll ask again on the 3rd party forum.

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18953