PayPal Pro

Guest moxie

I know that last release stated that PayPal Pro was coming, I just wanted to know if there is an approximate ETA as I have a store that I need to get up and running ASAP.

No problem if it is a ways off. I will just attempt to tackle it myself.

Thanks a million

Guest markyvuk

What I understand of PayPal Pro is that it will allow your customers to enter their credit card details within your store and will just act as a backend processor for the cards. So the customer will never have to go to PayPal, everything happens in your site. PayPal pay direct to you.

Be aware that PayPal Pro is currently ONLY available to US residents. There is no information on the site as to when this be available to other parts of the world.

See https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...verview-outside for more information.

It allows truly custom integration, it appears more professional to have all of the transactions occur on the same site.

I could dive in and attempt to tackle the API, but it is a little over my head.

Guest Denver Dave

I guess that it depends on your situation. I like not having the credit card number and the security hassles. Several sites have been hacked and credit card numbers released.

It is in 3.0.3 already and I think it is only available from US PayPAl users according to the users manual.

3.0.3 will be released asap. Unfortunately I'm moving house this week which has delayed things.

Awesome man :)

You rock!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Insurrectus

I guess that it depends on your situation.  I like not having the credit card number and the security hassles.    Several sites have been hacked and credit card numbers released.

PayPal handles all of the credit card stuff and is therefore responsible for the credit card security. None of the credit card information in stored by the cube cart store. Everything is processed by the PayPal API running on your site.

do note that paypal pro is NOT a free option from paypal

you will have to pay paypal to use their paypal pro system

cubecart will just hook into that system... if you are interested in using paypal pro with cubecart when 3.0.3 is released I suggest you visit paypal and read up on paypal pro...

Kinetic

cubecart will just hook into that system... if you are interested in using paypal pro with cubecart when 3.0.3 is released I suggest you visit paypal and read up on paypal pro...

Kinetic

Please keep the standard IPN as well, for not all users are willing to do this and may not be available to other countries at the time of release.

I would love to have it but not avail in CAN yet */*

Kinetic

Already signed up and approved...

Which would be why I am asking.

I do not know enough about the cube cart back end to make the changes on my own.

Unfortunately, we are probably going to have to abandon CubeCart unless this becomes available today or tomorrow. :D

The progress for the Pro becoming available world wide is happening but not for some time. I think having both options are greatest way to go :)

Both options are required to run PayPal pro...

That doesn't really matter, as it is a moot point until 3.0.3 is released.

And that's all I really need to know.

Is there an ETA?

P.S. It doesn't really matter I suppose, we will just switch carts or gateways if it can't happen/.