next to logo image help?

Guest dunkirk

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

I have created a new gif image which is a flashing neon sign. I was wondering where should i put it in the <your_store>/skins/<your_skin>/styleImages/backgrounds

and what to call it.

So for EG: i have the cubecart logo and next to it i have my image file flashing.

Thanks.

Guest jbdancer

it's defined in the layout.css

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 100px;

background-image: url('../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif');

background-repeat: no-repeat

}

Guest dunkirk

it's defined in the layout.css

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 100px;

background-image: url('../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif');

background-repeat: no-repeat

}

Hi,

I am using the pink killer skin. and there was a gif image with a logo which i replaced with another logo. and it was called topHeader.gif. If i do this would't i loose that image as well?

thanks

sorry i am very new to this stuff

Hi,

I have created a new gif image which is a flashing neon sign. I was wondering where should i put it in the <your_store>/skins/<your_skin>/styleImages/backgrounds

and what to call it.

So for EG: i have the cubecart logo and next to it i have my image file flashing.

Thanks.

1. Where to put it . . .

You're saying you want to leave the CC logo and put an image next to it? You should code it into global/index.tpl and cart/index.tpl, usually into the topHeader division.

You can put it in the styleImages/backgrounds folder, or you can create a new folder in styleImages called "banners" and put it there. When you call it in the template, use a url like: "skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleImages/backgrounds/your_image.img"

2. What to call it . . .

You can name it most anything.gif

3. Are you aware that you can remove the CC logo without registering? You must leave the copyright notice at footer, and leave the "Powered by CubeCart" messages, but you can remove that logo and replace it with your own.

I have a tutorial in the downloads section that will guide you in this:

A Visual Guide to Customizing Your CubeCartâ„¢ Header

Or you can view it online here:

http://cc3.biz/extras/changeLogo.pdf

Again, YES, it is OK to remove the logo and replace it.

Just do not remove "Powered by . . . " in web browser title bar and page footer, nor "Copyright info" in page footer."

I suggest you read tutorial.

Note that stylesheets are used to specify background images and CC uses this method to insert stock logo. If you want banners plus background plus logo in the same area (element, division, cell, etc.) of the page, you cannot specify extras in layout.css . . . you need to code in HTML on global/index.tpl

However, if just replacing the logo, easy instruction are included in the tutorial :sourcerer:

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

What i have done so far is replace the cubecart logo on the top left of the page and renamed it to topHeader.gif. but there is a large white space between the logo and the searxh for section. I want to put the flashing neon image into this white section.

I have looked at the tutorials and cant find how to do this.

Thanks

Here you go:

topHeader.gif = Killer skin. Try this method:

1. Create a folder named "banners": skins/Killer/styleImages/banners

2. Put your image there, we'll call it banner.gif in this example.

3. Look in styleSheets/layout.css, and under the i.d. selector #topHeader, find this line:

height: 96px;

paste this line beneath it:

position:relative;

4. OPEN styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

FIND:

<div id="topHeader">

<div id="sessionBox">

<div style="padding: 15px 8px 15px 15px; margin: 0px;">

{SEARCH_FORM}

{SESSION}

</div>

</div>

</div>

REPLACE WITH:

<div id="topHeader">

<div id="sessionBox">

{SEARCH_FORM}

{SESSION}

</div>

</div>

<div style="position:relative;top:Xpx;left:XXXpx;text-align:left;">

<image src="skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleImages/banners/banner.gif" style="width:XXpx;height:XXpx;align:right" alt="">

</div>

</div>

5. NOW EDIT the code you just pasted:

Change top:Xpx; Replace X with the numeral 0 to have the top of your banner even with the top of CC logo and search box. Or put a positive number here to lower the banner, or a negative number to raise it higher. You must replace the X or code will not work.

Change left:XXXpx; This XXX must be replaced with a number larger than the width of your logo.The CC logo is 174px and this number set at 200px looks pretty good with it. A lower value will move your banner to the left; a higher value will move it to the right. You must replace the XXX or code will not work.

Change banner.gif to the name of your image.

Change width:XXpx; to the actual width of your image.

Change height:XXpx; to the actual height of your image.

Optional - Change alt="" by giving a description of your image between the quotation marks. Image descriptions in alt tags are read by search engine robots.

Guest dunkirk

Here you go:

topHeader.gif = Killer skin. Try this method:

1. Create a folder named "banners": skins/Killer/styleImages/banners

2. Put your image there, we'll call it banner.gif in this example.

3. Look in styleSheets/layout.css, and under the i.d. selector #topHeader, find this line:

height: 96px;

paste this line beneath it:

position:relative;

4. OPEN styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

FIND:

<div id="topHeader">

<div id="sessionBox">

{SEARCH_FORM}

{SESSION}

</div>

</div>

</div>

REPLACE WITH:

<div id="topHeader">

<div id="sessionBox">

{SEARCH_FORM}

{SESSION}

</div>

</div>

<image src="skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleImages/banners/banner.gif" style="width:XXpx;height:XXpx;align:right" alt="">

</div>

</div>

5. NOW EDIT the code you just pasted:

Change top:Xpx; Replace X with the numeral 0 to have the top of your banner even with the top of CC logo and search box. Or put a positive number here to lower the banner, or a negative number to raise it higher. You must replace the X or code will not work.

Change left:XXXpx; This XXX must be replaced with a number larger than the width of your logo.The CC logo is 174px and this number set at 200px looks pretty good with it. A lower value will move your banner to the left; a higher value will move it to the right. You must replace the XXX or code will not work.

Change banner.gif to the name of your image.

Change width:XXpx; to the actual width of your image.

Change height:XXpx; to the actual height of your image.

Optional - Change alt="" by giving a description of your image between the quotation marks. Image descriptions in alt tags are read by search engine robots.

Hi,

Thats just great Perfect thanks alot. Could not have done it with ou your help.

Thanks again

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can i also ask if i want to put a scrowling marquee tag which file do i put it in.

is it the index.cpl?

thanks again

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

sorry about this i saw your post in the general forum. would i have to add the code:

<div id="topHeader">

<div id="sessionBox">

{SEARCH_FORM}

{SESSION}

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

to golbal cart.tpl as well?

Guest dunkirk

Hi,

so really sorry about this but i see know what you mean about the cart.tpl. will

do it thanks it works as a treat thanks to u. Also can i add a scrolling marquee in html would i do it in index.cpl also if i wish to change the colour of pages where would i be able to that.

Thanks very much for your help

Guest dunkirk

Dunkirk, you are very welcome. :sourcerer:

Sorry I can't help much more for free just now, I'm very busy, but keep plugging at it - you'll figure it out. There are many others here, too, who are very helpful.

GTH :sourcerer:

Mark

No problem Thanks again for the help u gave me. Could not have done it with out you. Thanks again.

Guest dunkirk

@ Topic Opener

PLEASE don't report forum posts when you want help from me it very rude and demanding.

Hi,

sorry didn't mean to click on report. I ment to click on the quote button to thank the member for helping me solve problem. It wont happen again. Will thoroughly

familirise your site. I did not know who to contact to say that i accediently pressed the report insted of the quote button

Sorry again.

dunkirk