PayPal IPN - Switch off Auto Return after upgrade to 3.0.13?

Guest nigelbb

Guest nigelbb

I posted a description of this problem over in Payment Gateway Support Forum but guess that it more properly belongs here in Upgrade & Installation.

The announcement in the News section of the latest release 3.0.13 states in Important Notes "PayPal IPN now passes the return (success/fail) URL to PayPal. For this reason please disable auto return if you currently have it enabled"

If you do disable Auto Return in your Paypal Account profile->Seling Preferences->Website Payment Preferences then on completion of the PayPal transaction & clicking on the "Return to Merchant" button you are returned to CubeCart with a blank page with just the text

"Error: No payment gateway variable is set!"

If you leave Auto Return enabled then all works correctly as before the upgrade.

Why Oh Why Oh Why tell us to disable Auto Return when doing that breaks CubeCart? I have spent most of today trying to figure out this problem with several installs/upgrades & basically had a complete waste of time. CubeCart documentation is sparse enough I did assume that if told directly to take an action that it was important. In fact quite the contrary appears to be the case!

Cheers

Nigel

Guest nigelbb

Sorry I'll remove it from the description. We were just making sure you were awake.
OK. Fair enough. Glad to help you debug your documentation:-)

Sorry if my post was a bit grumpy.

Apart from this glitch I would like to congratulate you on one of the nicest pieces of software that I have seen in a long time. I provide the technical support & web site management for my wife who is the creative one. A web store is a new venture for us off the original http://www.amb-cotedazur.com web site. Both of us have found CubeCart a pleasure to use. Fingers crossed going live this week.

Cheers

Nigel