Microsoft Windows Vista

northwalesinks

Guest devstudent

I have Windows Vista, wheres your web site and I can test this for you. I will tell you, there are a lot of security (read) enhancements that have been applied to Vista when working in connection primarily with IE7 that directly affect the ability for the browser to run many pieces of Javascript code, mainly in an effort to address all of the security problems in JavaScript with stuff like cross site scripting that seems to be so wide spread.

I'm likely signing off for the weekend right now, so may not be back on til monday, but I have tried to bring this to someones attention here and have seen no responses in regards to the issue. If you can't wait till monday, or the eternity it would seem for someone here to look into this then I'd suggest you look at your JavaScript on your page for a cause of the problem and if you would like to directly find the where's and why's that this is creating an issue in IE you could do what I'd have to do for you anyhow which is dig up the IE documentation on the MSDN web site at Microsft.

I did to a degree try this very thing myself not to long ago because I remember particular note of this being discussed amongst IE7 beta 2 developers in some release notes that came out to developers concerning this very security issue in beta 2, I've since yet to have much luck finding the same information transposed into the final release documentation, but admittingly, since I avoid using Jscript as much as possible in my development any how the problem wasn't a big enough personal concern of my own to go digging very deep for the answers. I kind of wrote the issue off myself as this is a problem for people who have thought it to be cool to use Jscript in their code, now they can pay for it and figure out on their own how to rewrite their dependent code around the problem.

Here's a for sure thing, Microsoft isn't going to turn these security problems back on in their web browsers, so it means the only working solution is for developers to design the JavaScripting they use in their code work carefully and around the issue. Also, once it starts poping up everywhere as a security issue thats only affecting browsers like FireFox but not IE because of the security enhancements then it won't be long before we likely see FF developers doing the same so they don't look bad when setting at the table next to IE. Hopefuly some day someone will just dig into the Jscript standards and just clean up all these security issues, but that likely isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I have at least 3-4 seperate post replies floating around here to different people and there's been no response about it from anyone "official". Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BadMo

HI

I getting e-mails off poeple saying can't sign up or log into my web site and their are using Microsoft Windows Vista. Is anybody else having this problem.

How did you fix it

I have been running vista since early beta and have 3 cube cart stores, I have not had any issues to date.

I have at least 3-4 seperate post replies floating around here to different people and there's been no response about it from anyone "official". Good Luck.

I would like to comment on this part of your post.

It seems that you never purchased a licence to get the extra support that might be needed in some extreme occassions

You are always using a whole volume when replying which means that by the time someone reads your post to the end he has forgotten the begining

and last but not least,

you are always complaining about us moderators although you have been (and i dont concider this a must) explained the purpose of us admins and moderators.

We would be happy if you could at least narrow down the amount of text you use to help people in here and stop acting as others advocate/lawyer.

Also keep to the problem solution if you really have one and do not jump to various other subjects that others might not want to read since they asked a specific question.

You wouldnt know if a user got a PM from someone of the stuff, moderators or official help desk.

Please concider this as the last warning and as a friendly advice to a potential paying client.

Thanks for reading and if you wish to reply, ONLY use the PM to do so.

HI

I getting e-mails off poeple saying can't sign up or log into my web site and their are using Microsoft Windows Vista. Is anybody else having this problem.

How did you fix it

Back to the original question...

I've been using Vista for about a month on many customers store and it worked nicely. :blink: