adding new product atributes/options

huggettm

hello, trying to add new product options to existing products

the option - in this case colour already existed and i have added new option values..

however when i try to assign these to products instead of putting these new option values in the existing drop down menu's

it creates a new drop down menu on the product page for these extra colours.

any ideas why??

Thanks

Are you selecting the exact same option name?

yup, exact same option name, but instead of adding it to the options/menu bar it creates a new one.

for example someone would have the option to choose a black t-shirt, then at the bottom of the menu options could choose it to be blue... obviosuly i dont want this!!

Hmm. Well that's odd. I have a similar set up for some of my corsets and never saw this. If you want to pm me your login info or set up a temporary admin login, I will be happy to check it out for you. Hard to say without seeing how you have the options set up.

The only time I've had this problem was when I accidentally had "size" and "sizes" as the option name early on :)

• 10 months later...

Hi - I am having this exact problem now... is there an answer somewhere? the option name is spelled correctly - but a new dropdown is created for the new options I have added instead of them showing up in the existing dropdown. HELP!! thanks is advance... Sue