ioncube

Guest gatsu

I get this

"Site error: the file /path/to/file_enc_ion.php requires

the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_xxx_x.x.so to be

installed by the site administrator."

I follow instructions and find out that my host dont support ioncube...

did I waste 140 usd or can it be done in any other way?

ok thnx.

Now I think I have to install the loader in php.ini for it to work but I can not find a file named this :D

"Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc/php5"

I dont have that path...

Guest hennaboy

Here is your problem

PHP safe mode is enabled and run time loading will not be possible

Ask your webhost to turn off safe moe for your domain and the loaderrs will run fine

Guest hennaboy

Your host doesnt support Zend or Ioncube. Which is quite odd imho.

Do you know why they wont support it? Also do they know that they dont have to turn off safe mode for the entire server it can be done for just your domain.

They say security reasons.

I'm so angry right now...

I hope nobody else is using one.com...

What webhost do you suggest? Is it possible to keep the domain name?

this is imprtant to me.

Guest Brivtech

Please remember forum rules regarding advertising, I'm sure this topic is very near to slipping into a free-for-all regarding recommendations for hosting.

Don't blame your host straight away, many hosts are set up with different configurations, and that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad.

The problem I was having was with different hosting, but may have been caused by a similar configuration. Here's what I did to fix it:

- Go to www.ioncube.com

- > Products

- > Free loaders for encoded files.

- Here you will see a large list of different ioncube files. Originally when I had this problem, I got the server type wrong. If you are running on Linux hosting, it will either be the Linux (X86) or Linux (x86-64). Download the corresponding Zip file.

- Open the zip folder on your computer, and you will see a folder called ioncube. Upload that folder and its contents to the root of your webserver where you installed CubeCart, for instance:

www.domain.com/ > www.domain.com/ioncube/

or

www.domain.com/store/ > www.domain.com/store/ioncube/

- inside the ioncube folder, there will be several version of the ioncube loader. Make sure they are all uploaded! This is the strange thing - I had an error telling me that 5.2 wasn't uploaded, and it was, but the system seemed to be running off one of the other loaders anyway.

- When you've finished uploading, go to where the files were uploaded to and locate the file called ioncube-encoded-file.php, and run it from your web browser. If you get a message telling you all is okay, then your server is running ioncube okay, and re-try your CubeCart installation.

My suggestion is to add the ioncube files after the CubeCart files. Don't know why, it just seemed to like it better that way.

It may also be worth running phpinfo() to determine if Zend or ioncube are already installed.

Simply upload a file (name it info.php) with the following content;

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

This info will show up as something like:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.31, Copyright © 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright © 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright © 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

On this system, I can use Zend or ionCube out of the box.

I think there was a rough "system checker" script, which help people know if their server will run V4.

Jason