Filter Products By Sub-Catagories - Can CubeCart Do This?

Hi,

Im building my first online shop selling shoes (and some clothing). I would like the users to be able to filter products by sub-categories. For example; Size, Colour, Price, and Brand etc, as shown in the image below:

zl9rpe.jpg

Click Here to view the webpage. Is this possible using CubeCart? If so does anyone have a working example? If not, which other software could be used instead?

Thanks for any advice!

Steve ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Guest MasterSites

Hi,

Im building my first online shop selling shoes (and some clothing). I would like the users to be able to filter products by sub-categories. For example; Size, Colour, Price, and Brand etc, as shown in the image below:

zl9rpe.jpg

Click Here to view the webpage. Is this possible using CubeCart? If so does anyone have a working example? If not, which other software could be used instead?

Thanks for any advice!

Steve ;)

Hi

As far as i know cubecart does not have a standard feature that will enable you to add filter by subcategory as shown on the asos referal link - However if you are good with PHP then you most definately would be able to show the sub categories in the left panel.

Being a website developer in both PHP and ASP.Net I can tell you that what you that trying to achieve whats on the asos site which is written in asp.net is going to be different to what you will achieve in your cubecart website which is written in php.

I am not sure if i will get into trouble for refering other companies but an asp.net store software you could use is dashcommerce - however having run dashcomerce in the past and now running cubecart I would stick with CubeCart - Purcahse V4 because there is laods more you can do - and work with that especially if your not a website developer as CubeCart is by far the most user friendly.

What cubecart does is allow you to add options to each product - so you could have a category for each style of shoe for instance - e.g. Males Trainers - Then inside that cateogry you could have what every sub categories you wanted with an image for each such as running, fashionable, tennis trainners etc - Then when they click on them have an image for each product but add an option for size and colour that you provide- That way then the user can go onto your site - click mens trainers - click running trainers - choose the trainer they want and read more about it - click the size and colour they want and buy.

I can assure you ASOS will of spent Thousands on that website - I would post my details and promote that I can make you 1 similar but advertising is banned on this forum.

Thanks

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...