Upgrade help from 3.0.17 to 3.0.20

Guest realwebvalues

Guest realwebvalues

I have CC 3.0.17 and there 3 update versions available 13.0.18 13.0.19 13.0.20. Do I need to do each of these updates or can I just do the most current 13.20? Is it necessare to upgrade to 4.x.x?

My cart does have a few common mods like the SEO and a tweak in a gateway mod to work with my credit card processing company. I'd like to avoid having to reconfigure things, is there more specific instructions to the updates rather than overwrite all those folders even if there are no updates to all the folders, meaning I'd like to copy only the folders and files that contain updates....please advise.

Thanks.

Frank

• 10 months later...

Just follow the 'changelog' files to upgrade to each release.

I Wants make a upgrade for a client from CC v.3.0.17 to CC V.3.0.20

I see not a upgrade scripts for 3.0.17 to 3.0.18 and 3.0.18 to 3.0.19 and 3.0.20

How can i makes this upgrades?

Normaly i works with CC4.* and i see that the upgrade voor CC4.* is a lot easier.

Thanks,

Martin

Just follow the 'changelog' files to upgrade to each release.

I Wants make a upgrade for a client from CC v.3.0.17 to CC V.3.0.20

I see not a upgrade scripts for 3.0.17 to 3.0.18 and 3.0.18 to 3.0.19 and 3.0.20

How can i makes this upgrades?

Normaly i works with CC4.* and i see that the upgrade voor CC4.* is a lot easier.

Thanks,

Martin

The scripts are for the database upgrades only, and there were no database upgrades for those releases. The difference is in the files, do a file comparison for changes and apply to the existing files, or just upload the newer files to do the upgrade.

• 5 months later...

I am giving up on my current web hosting company and need to move my ecommerce site.

the current site is on CubeCart 3.0.17, but the new hosting company only have 3.0.20.

can anyone tell me what I need to do to move it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sean

While it may be true that your gaining hosting company offers CC3.0.20, that does not mean you must use it.

The one thing that must be done prior to moving is to switch off the store's SSL mode. You will also need to coordinate with your hosts to move your SSL certificate, if you have one.

You can certainly make a dump of your database contents and copy your existing installation to your own computer, then create a new database from the dump file and copy the CC code up to the new host. (You now have a backup of your store on your computer, which is a good thing anyway.)

The above assumes you want to do this because of heavy modifications. If there are little to no modifications, then the database dump/restore will be all you need. (Be sure to select: "Do not drop tables" when installing your new host's complementary installation of CC3.)

Finally, edit the CC3.0.17 file /includes/global.inc.php with the new location information pertinent to the gaining host.