Removing Stock From Database On Purchase

Guest OutLookwebhosting

Guest OutLookwebhosting

Hi all,

First of all i would like to say what a great script cubecart is...... Where has it been all my life? It`s very easy to navigate through and edit and this forum has been a real help instruction wise. However here goes my first post

Im currently using the "Killer" skin and only have just noticed that when someone has purchased a holiday package from my website the holiday is still available and could cause a double booking.

Is this a fault with the template, or simply a function on admin i have not selected?

Any help would be appreciated

website - www. caravanholidaysgreatyarmouth .co.uk

Thanks in advance

This is very unlikely to be anything to do with the skin - that can easily be checked anyway by choosing a different skin and then trying to reproduce !

There are a number of configuration issues that could cause this but it is likely that you havent setup the product to use stock or set the stock levels to 1. Could also be dependent on when the stock level is reduced

Ian

Hi all,

First of all i would like to say what a great script cubecart is...... Where has it been all my life? It`s very easy to navigate through and edit and this forum has been a real help instruction wise. However here goes my first post

Im currently using the "Killer" skin and only have just noticed that when someone has purchased a holiday package from my website the holiday is still available and could cause a double booking.

Is this a fault with the template, or simply a function on admin i have not selected?

Thanks in advance

Guest OutLookwebhosting

This is very unlikely to be anything to do with the skin - that can easily be checked anyway by choosing a different skin and then trying to reproduce !

There are a number of configuration issues that could cause this but it is likely that you havent setup the product to use stock or set the stock levels to 1. Could also be dependent on when the stock level is reduced

Ian

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Thank you for the reply.....

The current setting via admin/view products (edit) is

Stock Level:

(This level reduces each time 1

an item is sold.)

Use stock level?

Yes

Im assuming the above settings should decrease by "1" each time a package is sold and reduce from the stock level?

Just seen in admin general settings the following:

Show stock level? Yes

Allow out of stock purchases? No

Any help would be great.... Im stuck on this one!

Thank you

Edited by OutLookwebhosting

Guest OutLookwebhosting

Hi, bsmither....

Thanks for your interest.

If im honest the payment method i have been using for test purposes is the Postal Order Form...... Yes i know.!

I understand that the order would be considered pending, but even when i update the order via admin as complete, the listing still displays.

I have now set-up a test listing for £1 and completed the purchase/check-out using paypal this time. Again the payment went through ok, but even once the order has been marked completed via admin the listing still shows? Its not taking it off the stock?

Just to confirm my settings

Via Admin>General Settings>Stock Settings

Show stock level? YES

Allow out of stock purchases? NO

In the actual Product Description Settings

Stock Level: (This level reduces each time an item is sold.) 1

Use stock level? Yes

Product Type: Tangible

Look forward to some help

CubeCart 3.0.20 admin works this way: The initial display of an order summary is its current state. The admin can move an order to any of several statuses. There is a test that if the order is moved to Processing (and it is not digital, stock levels are being used, and the stock level adjusted flag has not been set), then decrease the quantity and set the stock level adjusted flag. There is some additional consideration given to product options. That is, ProductA with OptionA is different than ProductA with OptionB.

The next test is that if the order is moved to Pending (and it is not digital, stock levels are being used, and the stock level adjusted flag has already been set), then increase the quantity and reset the stock level adjusted flag. There is some additional consideration given to product options. That is, ProductA with OptionA is different than ProductA with OptionB.

Moving an order to any other status (apparently) does not affect the inventory level. That is, to do it correctly, move a Pending order to Processing first, then move it to Completed. (Processing means payment is good and send the order to the warehouse for shipping. Completed means the order has been shipped.)

Ok, some technical questions: If you can view your database directly...

Look at the table CubeCart_order_inv (it will show all products sold) and state if the stockUpdated field shows any records with 1 in that column.

I will have other questions after you answer this one.

Guest OutLookwebhosting

YOU SUPER STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That worked a treat!!

After all that hey!

You were correct, all i had to do was move the order to processing.....then mark as completed.

After that i refreshed the page and sweet *** it was out of stock! YES!!!

Thank you so much, surprisingly im getting on ok with the rest of the site! Thanks again...Im off to mod somemore!

Cool. But you said a Paypal payment was successful. A successful transaction moves the order to Processing (and decrements the stock). Did your Paypal transaction of the Test item for £1 actually succeed? As if a regular customer would have actually paid real money for it and you would have posted the item to the customer, and your Paypal account has that payment in it?