Cannot access to any items.

Guest Alberto Buenos Aires

Hello Friends. I have been updating stock items for 2 days without problems. Now it happens that when you enter the website, everything looks good but when getting access to a particular item, it gives me error of broken link to any item of stock.

I have checked the databases from the CubeCart's control panel and seem fine. I did the same from my own hosting service and structures are normal. Can you give me a hand with this? the URL is www.puertopc.com

Thank you very much!

Alberto / Buenos Aires

Hello Friends. I have been updating stock items for 2 days without problems. Now it happens that when you enter the website, everything looks good but when getting access to a particular item, it gives me error of broken link to any item of stock.

I have checked the databases from the CubeCart's control panel and seem fine. I did the same from my own hosting service and structures are normal. Can you give me a hand with this? the URL is www.puertopc.com

Thank you very much!

Alberto / Buenos Aires

Hi

Have you recently switched on SEF url's or modified the ReWrite commands in the .htaccess ?

Ian

Thank you very much!

Alberto / Buenos Aires

Hi

Have you recently switched on SEF url's or modified the ReWrite commands in the .htaccess ?

Ian

Hi ian. You were absolutely right!

I had changed the option "Use URL search engine friendly?" from No to Yes and I forgot. I have no idea about what it is that option for, but with my lack of knowledge seemed to me that "friendly" would be a good choice:)

Thanks for your help, all is well for now. One more little question: Where do you advice me to look for getting a Skin more attractive than I have now at a reasonable cost?

Best regards, Alberto

Thank you very much!

Alberto / Buenos Aires

Hi

Ian

I had changed the option "Use URL search engine friendly?" from No to Yes and I forgot. I have no idea about what it is that option for, but with my lack of knowledge seemed to me that "friendly" would be a good choice:)

Thanks for your help, all is well for now. One more little question: Where do you advice me to look for getting a Skin more attractive than I have now at a reasonable cost?

Best regards, Alberto

Hi Alberto

You should (almost) always have the "Use SEF url's" option set to YES but you need to ensure that you have installed the additional commands shown into the .htaccess file on your system for it to work correctly. Having this switched to YES greatly increases your chances of being indexed well in the search engines

regards

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much!

Alberto / Buenos Aires

Hi

Ian

Best regards, Alberto

Hi Alberto

You should (almost) always have the "Use SEF url's" option set to YES but you need to ensure that you have installed the additional commands shown into the .htaccess file on your system for it to work correctly. Having this switched to YES greatly increases your chances of being indexed well in the search engines

regards

Ian

Hello again Ian and everybody who wish to help.

My current htaccess file is 0 Kb. (empty) What should do I put in there to enable Search Engines Friendly option?

Regards

My current htaccess file is 0 Kb. (empty) What should do I put in there to enable Search Engines Friendly option?

Regards

Look for the code shown in the window at the bottom of the General Settings in the section where you switch SEF url's on !! It should start with :

## Activate the mod_rewrite Engine

RewriteEngine On

Ian

Regards

Look for the code shown in the window at the bottom of the General Settings in the section where you switch SEF url's on !! It should start with :

## Activate the mod_rewrite Engine

RewriteEngine On

Ian

Great Ian. :rolleyes:

I realize about that window with the code at the bottom after I've reedited the item. Now SEF is enabled and the website Is working fine.

Thank you very much!