Items disappearing from Cart

Hi there! I've had my site for about two years. Its really running great, with only a few issues, but one of my long time customers has mentioned that sometimes when she goes in to place an order, her items will disappear from her shopping basket. I have cubecart version 4.3.8

I don't know my way around the backpanel very well, so if there is a "cure" for this issue, I'm very willing to pay someone to fix what's wrong.

I also have a broken link within my shopping cart that customers mention as well, they're supposed to "click" that they've read my terms of use..but the terms of use link is broken. I don't know where to go to fix that.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

My shop: http://www.jessicaweible.com

I can see your Terms of Use page. Is there some other place where I am supposed to "Agree" and it is that link that doesn't work?

Of the disappearing items: unless there is an issue with any mod or skin you may have installed, the cause that I have researched (but there may be others) is that the cookie the browser sends back has either changed or dropped. If this is happening to just one or a few customers, then we can almost blame the situation on some aspect of the customer. Maybe this customer is using Internet Explorer 8 with above medium security/privacy settings. Maybe there is some other utility that crunches cookies.

Over at www.cubecartforums.org, search for P3P Privacy Policy (it's actually in the Free CC3 mod section). It's not a conclusive edit to the store, but worth a try.

The Terms of use link that is broken is actually on one of the checkout pages, during the checkout process. Probably while registering with my site. My terms of use PAGE is working fine..its just the LINK to that page during the checkout process that's broken. I don't know where to go to fix it.

I do know my customer is using IE , I don't know what version. I'll ask her about her security ..she does clear out her cookies if the problem happens..sometimes with success,sometimes with not

Thanks!

The Terms of use link that is broken is actually on one of the checkout pages, during the checkout process. Probably while registering with my site. My terms of use PAGE is working fine..its just the LINK to that page during the checkout process that's broken. I don't know where to go to fix it.

I do know my customer is using IE , I don't know what version. I'll ask her about her security ..she does clear out her cookies if the problem happens..sometimes with success,sometimes with not

Thanks!

This problem can also happen if people are connecting from behind corporate firewalls or other security software / hardware where they change the IP address. This shouldnt be the cause for most normal home users and the IE issue mentioned above is the most likely cause.

Ian