paypal

Guest snail

Guest snail

Hi,

I've just installed a trial version of cubecart 5.0.1 on a oneandonehosting package,

installed ion cube and zend optimiser,

configured the general shop settings

uploaded a test digital product

setup paypal express checkout filling in my api details, signiture etc and putting it on Gatway Mode: LIVE and Payment Action: Sale

and finally putting my store into Storefront Status Open..

anyway, everytime I make an order from a customer paypal account for this product using the paypal checkout express button the order stays as "Pending" in my Order History & gives me a "Complete Payment" option which would let me pay again.

however, if I log into my shops paypal account the money is there fine, the IPN messages are sent back to my shop with status 200 @ myshop.../index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

also if i login to cubecart admin and view the order it is still on status "pending" - If i view the Transaction logs for this order the paypal Transaction ID comes up matching and a status for completed!?

shouldn't this mean that the order should get changed to completed and fire off the "here is your digital download" email to the customer?

I've tried lots of variations of paypal settings but can't for the life of me figure this out!

If anyone could offer any help or guidance that would be much appreciated!!

Hopefully I've forgotten something glaringly obvious to someone who's used to cubecart and paypal!!?

Thanks in advance :)

PS this seems to be doing the same on my hostgator account too! - just tried a fresh install here (added following day)

PPS I've just tried a fresh install of Cube Cart 4.4.5 on my hostgator account and paypal changed the order straight away to "Order Complete & Dispatched", fired off some emails including one with the customers digital download link!!!

so I can get cubecart 4.4.5 to work with paypal (using the standard paypal payment method & express checkout) but I can't get cubecart 5.0.1 to work with either paypal method......

Edited by snail

Hi,

I've just installed a trial version of cubecart 5.0.1 on a oneandonehosting package,

setup paypal express checkout filling in my api details, signiture etc and putting it on Gatway Mode: LIVE and Payment Action: Sale

anyway, everytime I make an order from a customer paypal account for this product using the paypal checkout express button the order stays as "Pending" in my Order History & gives me a "Complete Payment" option which would let me pay again.

however, if I log into my shops paypal account the money is there fine, the IPN messages are sent back to my shop with status 200 @ myshop.../index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

also if i login to cubecart admin and view the order it is still on status "pending" - If i view the Transaction logs for this order the paypal Transaction ID comes up matching and a status for completed!?

shouldn't this mean that the order should get changed to completed and fire off the "here is your digital download" email to the customer?

I've tried lots of variations of paypal settings but can't for the life of me figure this out!

Hopefully I've forgotten something glaringly obvious to someone who's used to cubecart and paypal!!?

PS this seems to be doing the same on my hostgator account too! - just tried a fresh install here (added following day)

PPS I've just tried a fresh install of Cube Cart 4.4.5 on my hostgator account and paypal changed the order straight away to "Order Complete & Dispatched", fired off some emails including one with the customers digital download link!!!

so I can get cubecart 4.4.5 to work with paypal (using the standard paypal payment method & express checkout) but I can't get cubecart 5.0.1 to work with either paypal method......

I have this problem also. I am fairly sure I had the same problem when I set up cc4 a couple of years ago. I will see if I can find the solution that worked for that again. If is do I will let you know.

Alice.

Guest snail

Hmm, glad it's not just me! Did you have any luck or anybody else?

I wonder if all the payment processors are the same, or if it's just paypal..

(i need to setup a shop using sagepay soon but not sure if I can go with CC5 yet)

• 4 months later...
Guest vassilis

Hi,

I have this problem also. I am fairly sure I had the same problem when I set up cc4 a couple of years ago. I will see if I can find the solution that worked for that again. If is do I will let you know.

Alice.

I have the same problem while using CC 5.0.5. Does anyone have anything to suggest?

• 1 month later...

Hi, pls help me how to solve this problem...

cubecart 5.0.6 to work with paypal

it's show

Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to?

If the error message mentions country - check your database to be sure the country code for the delivery address is registering correctly. This was a v5 problem at one time. Search for threads on here about country code.

If you're not on the latest v5.0.6 you need to install that - it should fix this problem.

Just to check, when it sends you back to the store, are you actually clicking the Complete Payment button?

We looked into a similar issue a while back on I think.. 5.0.3, and what PayPal express and other such nonstandard gateways seem to do is complete the payment on the paypal side, then send you back to the store cart page, where you need to hit the complete payment button for it to finalise the order, mark as processed on the status and otherwise let the customer know it's been done.

As the cart page it sends you back to looks like the ones before, it's easy to think it hasn't worked.

I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't automate that particular process like before, didn't manage to figure that bit out unfortunately, but having tracked the order all through the code, that seemed to be the way it was set up.

If that does the trick, might be worth putting a message somewhere to explain it, it's not entirely intuitive

• 2 months later...