new shop and old backup

Guest metalke

Guest metalke

I have an old shop from cubecart

CubeCart Version: 3.0.17

PHP Version: 5.3.8

MySQL Version: 5.1.56

Now I have build on a new url the latest version, can I make an backup from the 3.0.17 version, and instaal it at the latest version?

Welcome metalke! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

There is an upgrade path from CC3 to CC5, but there are many reports of upgrading causing very weird problems.

You can certainly try it, but make sure to have a good backup of the database. One could argue that if your product line is minimal, say, no more than 20 products, it would be best to install fresh and re-enter the products and categories. If more than that... it's your decision.

A CC5 upgrade will not take any mods or skin customizations with it - not even upgrading itself. CubeCart upgrades have always been full-file replacements, never any in-line edits. The upgrade process will only reconfigure the database.

Guest metalke

There is an upgrade path from CC3 to CC5, but there are many reports of upgrading causing very weird problems.

You can certainly try it, but make sure to have a good backup of the database. One could argue that if your product line is minimal, say, no more than 20 products, it would be best to install fresh and re-enter the products and categories. If more than that... it's your decision.

A CC5 upgrade will not take any mods or skin customizations with it - not even upgrading itself. CubeCart upgrades have always been full-file replacements, never any in-line edits. The upgrade process will only reconfigure the database.

I think I can better buy some credits then, and let the upgrade do for me, by cubecart

Guest lisaross52

I have an old shop from cubecart

CubeCart Version: 3.0.17

PHP Version: 5.3.8

MySQL Version: 5.1.56

Now I have build on a new url the latest version, can I make an backup from the 3.0.17 version, and instaal it at the latest version?

nice,http://www.badacity.com/2011/12/rolling-the-dice-craps-strategies/

I think I can better buy some credits then, and let the upgrade do for me, by cubecart

I dont think the CubeCart team are doing upgrades at the moment but even if they did it for you they would only do a standard upgrade which would lose any mods you have installed.

Regards

Ian