I need FREE shipping...

Guest depoboy

Guest depoboy

I have some products that I offer free shipping on - but just a few. I need to be able to allow for FREE shipping on these products when ordered by themselves. Doing it by weight/price does not help. If I add "FREE SHIPPING" option to order then everybody will select that on every order. I just need certain products to have free shipping.

Thanks.

Eric

I have some products that I offer free shipping on - but just a few. I need to be able to allow for FREE shipping on these products when ordered by themselves. Doing it by weight/price does not help. If I add "FREE SHIPPING" option to order then everybody will select that on every order. I just need certain products to have free shipping.

Thanks.

Eric

Does using a weight of zero not accomplish what you want?

Guest depoboy

No that will not work. If I put 0 weight on the product and that is all that is in their cart then UPS will recursively display the shopping cart and the order cannot be completed. The situation is that I ship 98 percent of my orders within the US via UPS. I have about 50 products that require shipping and about 6 products that I ship via US postal for free, as they are so small and profitable that I offer free shipping on them, then just mail them First Class US Postal for under a dollar. When the free shipping items are ordered with a non-free shipping item it's not a problem, as they do not add to the weight of the order, but when they are ordered on their own or even multiple free items on their own, then I can't set the shipping for these separate products. I do not want the customer to have a default FREE shipping option, as they will all choose FREE shipping on every order. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

Guest depoboy

Anyone?? I cannot open my store on v5 until I get the FREE-shipping-on-some-products-issue-fixed. I simply cannot charge shipping (especially UPS rates) on a few of my products and they must be available for FREE SHIPPING. I know there were mods for this in previous versions (i.e., in product setup you could set it as a free shipping item). Any help would be appreciated as my store awaits a grand opening with v5.

Thanks.

Eric

• 1 month later...

I got around a few shipping cost issues by using 2 methods, I use Aust Post for many items but due to Aust Post weight limitation, over say 20kg, the ship by weight function kicks in at this level, so here you select a strange weight for your products that you want free shipping under the ship by weight,

ie: 25:0.0, so any item you select weight as being your selected number will generate a 0 cost in shipping.

Maybe that will work

A

• 1 month later...