Wont let me add category to /

Guest spaflorists

Guest spaflorists

Good Evening,

Ive installed a test card and removed the test category that was there as i wanted to make my own top level category.

When i try to add one I tick the live box and enter a disc and select / in the drop down box but it dose nothing and just selects the dropdown box in red.

Regards,

Aidan

Good Evening,

Ive installed a test card and removed the test category that was there as i wanted to make my own top level category.

When i try to add one I tick the live box and enter a disc and select / in the drop down box but it dose nothing and just selects the dropdown box in red.

Regards,

Aidan

This is one of those things that was solved in a bug report. Maybe someone can remember how to fix it. I am able to get around it by ignoring the red box and go on and fill in the seo tabs and then save.

Guest spaflorists

Ummm, anyone?

I only have Genaral / Discription and Images tabs.

This isnt anything to do with the trial license is it?

Fallen at the first hurdle and they are asking £150!

Regards,

Aidan

Ummm, anyone?

I only have Genaral / Discription and Images tabs.

This isnt anything to do with the trial license is it?

Regards,

Aidan

The trial licence should be fully functional if it installed correctly. You need to enable SEO. Go to the Search Engines tab in Store Settings, fill in the info, enable .htaccess, and then enable SEO urls. Once you do that you can get around the Category problem until someone replies with the code that needs adjusting. It had something to do with REQUIRED being in the wrong place in a line of code. I think bsmither may be the one who can tell you what to change, if you want to PM him.

Kind of the same issue; I can create new root categories using the method Dirty Butter has said but they are not visible on the forum.

They are activated i.e. with the green tick.

I am running full version 4 and have (sold enough) had good experiences this year to justify my staying with cubecart.

However I WILL NOT be using CC5 in its current form as it is much too flaky (I am running 5.0.6).

Consider it to still be in testing as it's only 5.0.*

Maybe after 5.1 I will be convinced.

CC4 is brilliant and has been very easy.

When I originally set it up, it did everything I wanted it to do, totally uneventful with NO issues whatsoever.

I highly recommend CC4.

• 5 weeks later...

just create the catagory under another, then go back in and adjust it back to

Or go to store settings / layout and look for 'Category directory separator symbol' setting and change it to - (minus sign)

ether works for me - looks like someone didnt escape the in the code.

Courty

just create the catagory under another, then go back in and adjust it back to

Or go to store settings / layout and look for 'Category directory separator symbol' setting and change it to - (minus sign)

ether works for me - looks like someone didnt escape the in the code.

Courty

Ah - I use > as a separator (patterned after Google feed), so it works for me now.