Resolved - Any Way to Block One Country from buying from us?

Dirty Butter

I know I could go through and add all the countries except one to the Zones in PayPal, but that's tedious. Is there an easy way to block a country in that list?

Why do I ask??

We sell stuffed toys, and ITALY bans the import of stuffed toys. I haven't found another country yet that does that. Granted, we have only had one payment from Italy, and I refunded their payment - cost us 30 cents and time. So if it's not easy to do I'll just deal with it as is.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that just leaving off the country code from the shipping zone makes it impossible for customers in that country to order. There are only a few I refuse to ship to. Italy is one I debate taking off my shipping zone list. Italy is notorious for workers going on strike to take the day off. I find shipping anything there is really hit or miss. Amazing how many packages I've had going to Italy get lost.

Jamie

I find that just leaving off the country code from the shipping zone makes it impossible for customers in that country to order. There are only a few I refuse to ship to. Italy is one I debate taking off my shipping zone list. Italy is notorious for workers going on strike to take the day off. I find shipping anything there is really hit or miss. Amazing how many packages I've had going to Italy get lost.

Jamie

This would certainly work, but it means you have to enable all the other countries one at a time. I'm just lazy. While I'm at it, are there other countries PayPal allows that I would probably want to avoid for delivery/fraud issues?

Guest Dazmanjunket

These are the top 12 to avoid, there are more best way is to do a Google on E-commerce Blacklisted Countries.

We ship all over the world and these are some of the countries we will not do business with.

1 - Ukraine

2 - Indonesia

3 - FRO Yugoslavia

4 - Lithuania

5 - Egypt

6 - Romania

7 - Bulgaria

8 - Turkey

9 - Russia

10 - Pakistan

11 - Malaysia

12 - Israel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is available in the recent versions of 5, if I understand your request correctly. Go to your Shipping Module, and there is a Disabled Zone tab. As long as you leave the Allowed Zones tab without any countries/zones chosen, that would mean you ship everywhere except the disabled zones.