Any way to disable the new mobile skin?

Guest Weizhi

Guest Weizhi

Is there any way to disable the new mobile skin?

There does not seem to be an option on the skin for users to switch to view the full website. Not very user friendly for the customers.

Also the logo does not seem to load I am not sure why although i have selected a logo for the skin.

Guest Weizhi

its ok i am getting support to look at this first. I have a section named store settings when the mobile site is loaded just below the mailing list section. Support says its due to cache from session but i have cleared cache but still see it. Anyway i will get then to look into this thanks.

They also replied to me that there is no way to disable the mobile site currently so I might be installing 5.0.9.

I'll be interested to see how this thread evolves.

I don't have a smart phone, so I've been testing the site with some of the mobile phone emulator sites I Googled. It's not working very well at all from what I can tell. I have v5.1.0 installed on our Estates Collectible Shoppe, but I'm using ShopDev's mobile compatible Blueprint skin on our v5.0.8 Plush Animal Shoppe, and it's working correctly in the mobile emulators.

I've now upgraded our Plush Animal Shoppe to v5.1.0, so if someone can test on a mobile phone for me I'd appreciate it.

revised:

I found a good iphone emulator, and the blueprint skin I'm using, which automatically adjusts for mobile, works perfectly there. But as far as I can tell from the other phone emulators - the other phones try to switch to the default mobile skin - which I do NOT want.

http://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/ is working in mobile mode but your banner is too wide now and bleeds off the screen either side even with phone horizontal.

http://dirtybutter.com/ looks like standard store still

http://dirtybutterestates.com/ works in mobile mode and looks fine but your banner house image is slightly cut off each side when viewing the phone vertically

i am using a Samsung galaxy S.

How do I change the header image on the mobile site so it has my site name or logo rather than CubeCart mobile?

@Weizhi - I also have a section called store settings under the mailing list section, I've also cleared the cache but it makes no difference either.

Generally I quite like the mobile store, I just wish there was some documentation on how to configure it and agree that there should be an option to switch it on and off both in the cubecart admin and for users to opt for the full site if desired from their mobile browser.

How do I change the header image on the mobile site so it has my site name or logo rather than CubeCart mobile?

On Estates I created a small logo and enabled it only for the mobile skin, changing the regular logo to only load on my normal skin. I do not allow users to choose skins.

Guest Weizhi

TFS:

Support mentioned that the empty section might be becasue i removed the languge and currency selection from my main skin.

He used the follow code to remove the section from the mobile skin

changed the;

skins/mobile/templates/main.php file at the bottom from:

<h2>Store Settings</h2>

<fieldset>{$CURRENCY}{$LANGUAGE}</fieldset>

To:

<!--<h2>Store Settings</h2>

<fieldset>{$CURRENCY}{$LANGUAGE}</fieldset>-->

I am waiting for them to a an option to disable the mobile skin in future updates. I have since reverted to 5.0.9 as I had a drop in sales due to the mobile skin. Probably not suited for my site as I edited it quite a bit and the mobile skin generally simplifies the site too much.

@Dirty Buter, thanks for the tip, in the end I just uploaded a new default image over the one that is in the mobile skin images folder.

@Weizhi, I also don't use the language or currency selection on my main skin so it's probably the same issue for me, I'll have a go at commenting out that section of code from the mobile skin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Viola

Here's a small modification to the mobile skin that should work for everyone. In main.php find this bit:

{if isset($SECTION_NAME) && ($SECTION_NAME == "home")}

{$MAIL_LIST}	

<h2>Store Settings</h2>

<fieldset>{$CURRENCY}{$LANGUAGE}</fieldset> {/if}

and change it to this:

{if isset($SECTION_NAME) && ($SECTION_NAME == "home")}

{$MAIL_LIST}

{if isset($CURRENCY) || isset($LANGUAGE) || isset($SKIN_SELECT)}

<fieldset>

<h2>Store Settings</h2>

{$CURRENCY}

{$LANGUAGE}

{if isset($SKIN_SELECT)}{$SKIN_SELECT}{/if}

</fieldset>

{/if}

{/if}

This will check if any one of the $CURRENCY, $LANGUAGE or $SKIN_SELECT variables are set before printing the "Store Settings" box. It also adds the skin select box back in.

If you want your normal store skin to be viewable on a mobile, I think the only way to do it is to make a copy of the entire skin folder and tag the copy as mobile in the config.xml file.