Cubecart complaing about ioncube

Guest scottm

Guest scottm

I have a CubeCart site. The server was recently updated to PHP 5.3 and CubeCart was recently updated to 5.1.1. When I visit the website, I get a complaint about ioncube not being loaded:

Site error: the file /home/xxxxx/public_html/index_enc_ion.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so to be installed by the site administrator.

but Ioncube and Zend are installed.  If I visit a phpinfo page in the exact same directory:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:

Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.12, Copyright © 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and

with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright © 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies

I'm not sure what to do.

Welcome scottm! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

In the phpinfo file you built, please add this above the phpinfo() statement:

echo (extension_loaded('ionCube Loader'))?"Loader available":"Loader not available";

Additionally, near the bottom of the PHP Info table, look for the Additional Modules section. "ionCube Loader" should be there.

Also note if this is expressed as ioncube (lower-case c) or ionCube (upper-case C). There was an issue about this a couple years back.

Guest scottm

That seems to be resolved now. It looks like the phpinfo page I had was using an alternate php.ini file.

However, a new problem has popped up, instead of the website all I'm getting is a bunch of garbage on the website:

�����������v��W�^�z-�ǿ

Any clues on how to resolve that?

The versions of Ioncube are different, and not compatible.

CubeCart is encoded with a newer version of Ioncube than the server has, so the message is saying to upgrade the server.

Just use Zend if it's installed.