site map wont rebuild in the the maintenance

slic535

im using 5.1.0 and it worked since the upgrade but i had some malware on it and i had the hosting company run a malware check on it. if i were to upgrade it would it work? after reading all the problems people are haveing with the new upgrade im not sure i would want to till the next upgrade.

Let's work backwards and see what can go wrong.

Lastly, the file is sent to Google. Even if this fails, the sitemap function in the SEO class will return the exit code for the sitemap build being successful. There may be a mesage in the admin section Request Log.

Before that, the sitemap file gets saved to the base folder of the CubeCart store. So whatever your store URL is, that's where you will find the sitemap document. This folder needs write permission, otherwise the function's exit code will be fail.

Before that, the function will attempt to GZIP (compress) the file. If the routine which was supposed to build the file didn't, failure. If your installation of PHP does not include the gzip extension, no attempt is made to compress and the uncompressed file is written to the base folder of your store.

Before that, all the links for the categories, products, and documents are built and loaded into an array. If SEO mode is not enabled, this should go by quickly. If it is, your database will get hammered quite hard (depending on the number of categories, products, and documents you have -- lots of opportunity for optimization here).

Before that, your database is queried for every category, product, and document you have enabled. Disabled/hidden items are not included.

So, if you got a fail message and/or the file is not to be found at the base folder of your store, then switch on debug mode (Store Settings, Advanced, Performance, Enable Debugging). Any database and PHP errors that are otherwise hidden should show if there is really a problem.