Resolved - Revised CODE here for v5.1.4 USPS Shipping

mitchellds

Version: Cubecart 5.1.4, Fresh Install

Since installation of 5.1.4, my USPS shipping module has worked perfectly.

Today, unfortunately, it just quit working.

The request below is for a package to be shipped from Georgia to Georgia. United States is selected in Store Settings, General Tab.

Delivery address is Georgia and United States.

Can anyone help me out?

I checked out the Request Log and found the following:

Request Sent - http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dllAPI=IntlRateV2&XML=<IntlRateV2Request USERID="238SECON5855"> <Package ID="0"> <Pounds>2</Pounds> <Ounces>8</Ounces> <Machinable>true</Machinable> <MailType>Package</MailType> <ValueOfContents>49.50</ValueOfContents> <Country>United States</Country> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Width>18</Width> <Length>1</Length> <Height>12</Height> <Girth/> </Package> </IntlRateV2Request>

Response received<?xml version="1.0"?> <IntlRateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147218040</Number><Source>IntlPostage;clsIntlPostage.GetCountryAndRestirctedServiceId;clsIntlPostage.CalcAllPostageDimensionsXML;IntlRateV2.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>The country name is a US Possession.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></IntlRateV2Response>

Interesting that, for you, the CC514 USPS module is now malfunctioning, where, for others, it never worked at all.

Others have reported there is a fixed file that Devellion will send you when you submit a SALES ticket (not a support ticket).

I've been looking into this and have discovered that under a certain situation (what that is, I don't know yet), the test comparing the destination country and the store's location don't match, thus, the module uses International rates.

I'm wondering if the fixed module fixes that.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what needs fixing on the 5.1.4 USPS Shipping Module shipping.class.php file:

## Set API to national or International

// the following should be 'country_id' NOT 'country'! If you think otherwise, talk to Bill!

$this->_api = ($delivery['country_id']==$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','store_country')) ? $this->_api_domestic : $this->_api_international;

AND

## Calculate Lbs/Oz

$this->weightLbsOz();

// the following should be 'country_id' NOT 'country'! If you think otherwise, talk to Bill!

if($delivery['country_id']==$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','store_country')) { // National "RateV3Request"

• 2 weeks later...