FireFox 15.0.1 problems?

Dirty Butter

I seem to be having a weird issue that only happens when I access certain Admin areas from the newest version of FF.

Sections like Dashboard Notes, Copyright box in General Settings, Description boxes for products, Email HTML contents, etc., go blank for no apparent reason. If I open them in Chrome everything appears as it should. But if I open it in FF the boxes are empty. If I try to edit from FF it doesn't stick and I lose it completely, even in Chrome. As long as I edit from Chrome, everything is fine.

I figured I had a corrupted FF profile, so I created a new one, but the same thing is happening.

Is anyone else having spooky issues with FF 15.0.1?

You say they "go blank". Do you mean there was something there to start, then as you are editing the existing contents, they just disappear and the box is empty but still with a blinking cursor?

Or are the edit boxes blank to begin with?

I haven't yet tried editing any of the existing content, which does get displayed, in my FF15.0.1.

It's very inconsistent. Most of the time when I open one of these "box" sections in Admin (which should already be filled with content) - there is NO content at all. At first I thought I had lost all my information. But when I checked in the database, email.definitions.xml, etc., ALL the information was still there. There have even been a few times when the information showed for a fleeting moment and then the box went blank. The cursor does blink, but if I try to write in that blank box it won't save properly.

When I go to Chrome everything that is blank in FF shows perfectly as it should.

I know there are places in CC code where adjustments are made for different versions of browsers.

Those boxes are all CKeditors and no part of it calls out to a third-party location for additional resources (it does however, wait until it displays to fetch a couple of things from your store's location). So this is not the case like it was with the jQuery issue.

Since it is all javascript-based, I can see how a particular sub-version of a browser might get coded in a way for something to break. You can certainly try to download FF15.0 and backstep your FF installation.

I just re-edited the description of the Test Product and watched the data get sent to the server. Everything was sent that was supposed to be sent.

Since you see the contents briefly, I can conclude the basic <textarea>Content</textarea> HTML is there. It's just when CKeditor takes control of it to give you the Rich Text editor is when things go wrong.

Thanks for the explanation. It helps to know that the problem has something to do with my new FF not playing nice with the CKeditor.

Now we'll see if anyone else reports a similar issue when they upgrade to the latest FF. As long as I can use Chrome to work in Admin, I'll not backstep just yet.

The Wordpress being messed up as well was the last straw. Did some Googling and found others searching for solution to Rich Text Editor issues with latest FF. So, I took a chance and upgraded to the latest beta. So far so good, but it was an intermittent problem for me - will just have to wait and see.