Setup issue with 5.1.14 - language deletion gives ISE 500

ejwords

Hi.

I've just downloaded 5.1.14 and installed it o.k. however I run into an error when I delete all but 1 language (English - UK) which is setup up as the default anyway.

After deleting all of the other languages, I attempt to access the public store and get an ' HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error):' and when I look in the error logs in the store control panel,

I see that it says ' .../public_html/store2/classes/language.class.php:96 - No valid language found!

I Suppose I could leave another language installed (eg English - US) but I'd rather not have the language icons at the top of the store.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Ewan.

You should be able to comment out {$LANGUAGE} from this section of skins/yourskin/templates/main.php to achieve what you want.

<div id="account">

{$SESSION} {$CURRENCY} {$LANGUAGE}

</div>

There are a few semantic differences between US and UK English wording, so you may decide later to keep both of those enabled. Languages can be disabled easily in the Admin/Dashboard/Languages area. Just take the green check off the languages you do not want active.

Hello ejwords!

Interesting situation you have.

The error message in the logs does indicate that PHP was alive and functioning at that point in time.

But the 500-ISE is when PHP has crashed so hard, there is no recover mechanism to save it.

Could you provide a bit more detail in what you did, exactly, when you said you removed all but one language?

Hello bsmither & Dirty Butter - thanks very much for the quick replies.

It was a brand new install which followed the steps below:

a ) create the MySql database through cPanel

b ) upload the cubecart files via FTP

c ) set permissions for directories as per the install txt

d ) run cc setup (all o.k.)

e ) check webstore comes up (o.k)

f ) log in to store control panel

g ) go to languages -> delete all of the languages that I didn't want to support by pressing on what looks like

a camera icon to me for each language until there is only en-UK left.

(and by the way, silly me for doing this rather than un-ticking the languages I didn't want)

h ) refresh the store page (separate browser window) and I'm not sure if the store came up once and then gave the ISE

on the next refresh (with no other changes made in the store control panel) or whether it just gave the ISE straight away.

The store is now working again after I copied the en-US.xml via FTP to the languages directory on the server. So, really now this

thread is for info.

Also, I thought it worth noting (for silly people like myself that delete the language files instead of just un-ticking them) that if you

delete all of the languages (as in none appear in control panel -> langauges - blank list), the import language or create language

buttons (tabs?) do nothing.

Thanks again for the help & replies.

All the best,

Ewan.