Email Template Not Working

Nikki72

I see that the email contents are treated the same as Smarty templates, and that the data is loaded into the templates the same way as skin templates. But I do not see, specifically, if these Smarty templates are being cached just like skin templates.

If Smarty is caching these templates, which, by default, Smarty does, then perhaps using the admin's Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear Cache may then cause the new content (databased in the CubeCart_email_content table) to be used.

bsmither to the rescue again. I don't know what would happen to this place if you weren't here lol.

I've found the problem though and fixed it. It would seem that dispite my shop being setup for the UK it isn't using the UK templates for some reason but instead is using the USA translation. What i don't understand is why if CubeCart's email template system isn't capable of using the shop's default country settings then why there is seperate UK / USA templates? If that's the case then surely it would make sense to just have an English Language template. :errm:

There is a problem with languages and how CC5 loads them in. I've reported it, and the bug tracker said the actual problem was found, but apparently the fix didn't make it into this version. The bug has to do with: 1. the setting for the default language of the store, 2. the setting for the language of the logged in admin, and 3. the language chosen to edit. Those three aspects of the language system gets inappropriately blended.

So, even if the store is defaulting to UK, if you, as a logged in admin, is set to us US, the store will appear to use that - but partly. And editing a language is its own unique experience. So, if you want to edit UK, be sure your admin profile is set to use UK, and set the store default to use UK, and maybe it will all work out.

And besides, those UK people - they have a different word for everything!