Uploading inventory feeds.

palex71

I have been uploading inventory feeds via the following:

Import Catalogue --> Choose File

When I do this there is a pause and then the example data is shown with a confirmation page. I then confirm and the processing begins. I am wondering if the file is completely uploaded during that pause (it seems a bit quick). During processing, the half "blue bar" appears in the URL field of the browser (i.e. processing). Does the page need to remain open during this time?

Is there any alternative way to process the file? Upload via ftp and the initiate processing by another means, for example?

I will eventually need to process very large feeds which most likely will have to run overnight, so I want to get a better sense of how everything is set up with CubeCart in this respect.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any alternative way to process the file? Upload via ftp and the initiate processing by another means, for example?

You can try this:

In the file /admin/sources/products.import.inc.php, line 205:

} else if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['source']['tmp_name']) && move_uploaded_file($_FILES['source']['tmp_name'], $source)) {

Change it to this:

} else if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['source']['tmp_name']) && move_uploaded_file($_FILES['source']['tmp_name'], $source) || file_exists($source)) {

We are adding the situation where the file to import is already located in the appropriate location.

FTP your file to this exact location and name:

/path_to_your_store/includes/extra/importdata.tmp

In admin, visit Import Catalogue. Do not enter a filename to upload. Select CSV (or whatever). Click Save.

You should now be presented with the map to assign your columns to the Inventory table column names. Proceed as normal.

IMPORTANT: See this: http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17452&view=findpost&p=71377