Multiple Checkout Problems

firetrader

I don't know why its started as no mods have been made since last year.

Now getting quite a few errors.

I have numerous customers know informing us of placing items in the basket and the basket showing up blank

And or going to checkout and looping and not being able to move forward.

Not being allowed to log in as returning customers, email already registerd.

Support ticket submitted.

Andy

Someone just made a post about some weirdness and found that a certain operating system uses a code that is too long to fit in the CubeCart database table used to hold session information.

Can you please report on the exact operating system and its version your site is running under, and whether the host made any changes to it?

I had an answer from Support re the cart :

Many sites are dropping the 'www.' from their addresses, and they very much should, but some people still visit with the outdated hostname. The problem is that your site's SSL settings are locked to the www. version only and anybody who visits without it then adds stuff and goes to their cart will find it empty. So you need to add code to your .htaccess file which takes all requests to one version or the other. I would suggest WITHOUT the 'www.' as it makes web addresses shorter and easier to deal with.

How do I do this ?

You said, "Many sites are dropping the 'www.' from their addresses."

Did you?

The SSL certificate may be coded for www.example.com, and may have a secondary of example.com. How is your SSL cert coded?

And if the store owner did not change anything in CC, then what did change? Maybe the latest versions of web browsers are now dropping the www even though the browser user typed it in that way?

You can google for "htaccess redirect generator" to get several on-line configurators.

The one I just used came back with:

Redirect 301 / http://mydomain.com/

Another came back with:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://mydomain.com/$1 [r=301,nc]

Hi bmsither

No I did not, I have not made any changes since the SSL intro which has been working fine. up until now.

Now my basket continually times out, or is super slow, there is no other issue with the host, they have also checked, working around the page and downloading all work fine and fast, but the cart grinds to a halt. 
Then comes up with an Internal Server Error, refresh sometimes works, sometimes hangs. 
When it does come through, it loops.

I have tried to load test order and am experiencing the same issues as my customers, normally get 10-20 orders per weekend, this weekend 2

Now costing me sales and customers.
NOT HAPPY !