Email subscription on CC5.2.2

Lucky Phil

It seems when people subscribe to my site I get no notifications of any subscriptions. Neither do they.

Where do the subscriptions appear in the admin panel.

Sometimes the panel that comes up notifies that the email has been added to subscriptions sometimes it doesn't.

I thought it would work straight up. Do I have to find a plugin? I use Mozilla Tunderbird for mail.

Sorry I am not a computer person I need step by step if there is a way to make subscribe work. The CC was a new clean install. I will try to find the profile to sort my signature.

Thank you.

The MailChimp plugin is built into CC, and MailChimp is free, unless you deal with a huge number of emails a month. But my point was not to say you have to use MailChimp, but that the CC newsletter process should work out of the box. I just don't use it, due to host mailing limits.

Hopefully someone else will be along soon who knows how to make the default Newsletter system work properly.

In the meantime, take a look at Admin/Plugins/MailChimp. Well, not much to see there, so maybe you'd like to see the actual site:

http://mailchimp.com/

"It seems when people subscribe to my site I get no notifications of any subscriptions. Neither do they."

As of CC522, CubeCart has a single-opt-in protocol for Newsletter subscriptions. An admin wanting to know if someone has entered an email address in the Newsletter Sign-up box is to satisfy a curiosity - in my opinion.

However, I understand if you actually do have a business protocol whereby someone from your office is required to respond to each and every person making contact, in any way, with your company.

"Where do the subscriptions appear in the admin panel."

There is no current provision to view a list of newsletter subscribers in the admin panel. The best you can do in CC522 is to download the CSV or TXT file that CubeCart will Export for you.

"Sometimes the panel that comes up notifies that the email has been added to subscriptions sometimes it doesn't."

As I recall, if there is no customer signed-in, clicking Subscribe will not show any "success" message. If the customer is logged in, then there may be a "success" message.

CubeCart has a large chunk of code already installed for a double-opt-in protocol. It is not yet finished.

We should continue this over at www.cubecartforums.org if you are interested in a solution to your needs.

(BTW, MailChimp does not come packaged with CubeCart.)