Some advice on Right Column Kurouto Skin

Tophon

Hi,

I am in the process of bringing over a store from oscommerce to Cubecart. I am recreating the osc skin (or trying to) for Kurouto skin.

I am not doing too bad other than padding issues.

The first is, I have shortened the width of left sidebar. It works well, but has left me with a big part of padding on the middle content on the left, any help where to push it back over?

The other problem is, that I have removed sidebar on the right from main.php but yet its still left the space on the right where it was. I want to fill that up with the main content, making Kurouto into a more 2-column layout.

Pic attached and any help really appreciated, have sat trying things for a good 2 hours now.

I owe you a beer DB, many thanks, however, moving the left side in away from overlapping the left sidebar, has also brought it back in on the right that I need to fill.

Main content now sits nicely on the left, so thats one down!

I'm having trouble visualizing what you need:

moving the left side in away from overlapping the left sidebar, has also brought it back in on the right that I need to fill.

If you don't mind buying a skin, I would suggest you check on a Fusion based skin. Changing from one to two or three columns is a built-in feature. Search for Fusion on the 3rd party forum.

The padding change in common.css does stretch the main content to full width, but it strays behind the left panel.

Altering the padding back off the left panel into the main content area, also brings the right column back in too.

Will take a look at fusion skins, but have spent so long on this edit, I feel its too early to throw in the towell :D

You may have to create some of your own classes to deal with the padding. Ask for help with this on the 3rd party forum as well, as there is hopefully a simple solution. I suspect you're going to run into the column issue with checkout and basket, as well as documents, etc., unless you don't mind those being 3 column pages.

All of the CubeCart skins are fixed width - everywhere. That is, even if you move the {PLACEHOLDERS} in the template from the <div right> to the <div left> section, the <div center> will not expand to fill the void.

And there are a lot of fix-width areas.