Is there a way to turn off the "Create an Account" feature?

javarco

Im having an issue where the customer receives a Paypal shipping address error when a customer either creates an account or is an existing customer and logs into their account.  I'd like to turn make it default to "no" and turn this feature off for now until I get this issue resolved.  Right now it defaults to "Create an account" and prompts the user to enter a password.  

Im using Cubecart Version 5.2.2 and am using paypal module standard (not the plugin).

Disclaimer: I have no idea what the consequences of this will be.

In the skin template file content.checkout.confirm.php, find:

{if $IS_USER}

Add {* on a line above it.

About 27 lines later, find:

{else}

Put *} on a line after it.

Near the end of the file, find:

{include file='templates/content.recaptcha.php'}

Two lines later, make that line look like:

{* /if *}

But please try this first (Bug #608):

In the file /classes/user.class.php, find the getAddresses() function. In that function, find:

$address['state'] = getStateFormat($address['state_id']);

Move it to just above:

$addressArray[] = $address;

Next, find the getDefaultAddress() function. Do the same as above.

Next, using a utility such as phpMyAdmin, look at the database table CubeCart_addressbook. In the 'state' column, please determine the approximate number of records that do not have numbers in it.

thanks I wil try that bug fix first when I get home tonight and report back.

Question though: So what happens when I find the number of records that do not have numbers in it? Sorry im not the most technical savvy user.  :errm:

Also, so just to clarify. I am placing both address and get address functions just above the same line?:

$addressArray[] = $address;

You are moving just this line:

$address['state'] = getStateFormat($address['state_id']);

in two separate places: once in a group of statements in the getAddresses function, and then once in the getDefaultAddress functions -- the respective mentioned line in each group to just above the respective identified line in each group.

"What happens when I find the number of records that do not have numbers in it?"

If the count of records is small (30 or less), then we can manually make changes. But if more than that, I have a routine that will make converting the names of states (Connecticut, Conn, CT, California, Calif, Cal, CA, Ca, ca, etc) to their proper numerical value.

ok, i only found two lines. (I just launched my store so i only have lie 3 customers so far) Only one line had a text value instead of a numeric value.  It was california. How do I know what to change it to? Also, so I dont need to change it more than once right?  Going fwd any new addresses should be ok?  Thanks!

Apparently, PayPal requires the official two-letter abbreviation for the state for countries that have them. Not getting that abbreviation is reason to send a failed response back to CubeCart where the order remains at Pending.

The non-numerical values in the state column of the addressbook is caused by both a (not really a bug, per se, but it's still wrong) and a failure to update/correct a CC4 database to the latest CC5 database data structure.

With the most recent being full state names, I fear the skin used for the Add/Edit Address in the customer account pages is either not allowing the State field, normally a text entry box, to be converted by the javascript to a drop-down selector, or if it is, that the drop-down selector is returning the wrong data item.