Resolved - No email from Contact Us page

BigDon

I have just finished a new install of 5.2.8 on my hosting service (webhostinghub.com) and have MOST things working fine.

There are a couple of issues, one of which I will give in this post.

When I post a test email from the Contact Us page, the program responds as expected (Thank you for your message, a member of staff will reply to your email shortly.)

However, I never GET the email!  I have set my email settings in the ACP/Store Settings/Advanced tab for both SMTP and PHP trying both. Neither work.  I have used a couple of different addresses in the tab, but each fail to work.  I am getting no error messages in the Error logs on the error log pages.  I know my email client is connecting to the server and downloading mail, because I sent myself messages from my client and received them all.  Just can't get any sent/received from the store.

The sendmail settings in PHP are:

sendmail_from no value no value sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

I am confused - and I'm suffering from Old Timers, so I appreciate your help!

-DON-

Got it resolved.  It was a combination of issues - one was a configuration problem at the hosting end... easy enough to fix; the other was a typo in the backend - not so easy to fix (without cutting off all ten of my thumbs!!!)

-DON-