Getting items back to main page CC5

Scorpio741

Hi.

New to the forums here but glad I found you all. I am using CubeCart 5.

I have an item that has been in inventory for awhile now. So I went in and lowered the price. Yet it stays buried within my thousands of items.

On the main page of my web site I have it so it shows the newest 12 items that I add. How can I go in, edit this (or a particular product) and have it show on the main page again. SO folks can see it's new price.

I thank you for any help in advance.

Eddy

Welcome Scorpio741! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Cubecart uses the value in the 'date_added' column of the CubeCart_inventory table to select the products to be listed in the Latest Products area. That column is programmed to hold a MySQL TIMESTAMP-type value (slightly different for early versions of CC5).

(You can also do this using phpMyAdmin or some other database management utility...) In admin, Maintenance, Query Database tab, enter the following in the edit box:

UPDATE `CubeCart_inventory` SET `date_added`=NOW() WHERE `product_id`=###;

where ### is the product_id value (not the product code) of the product you want to be "added" "now".

You may have a CubeCart database table prefix, and if so, it will be shown just above the text edit box. Be sure to use it.

Hi

You also have a couple of other options you could consider :

1) You can change the product to have a sale price instead of reducing the main price. While this doesnt make it appear in the list of "Latest Products" on the homepage, it does highlight it under the Sale Items section

2) If you reduce the number of products that have the "Include in Latest Products" selection ticked to exactly 12, then you are controlling which 12 products appear on the homepage !

Thanks

Ian

BSmither Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I have been into MyPHPadmin. But for me it's a scary place. I am not very tech savoy on that end. And when I see a bunch of code I panic. In fear of of changing something by accident. But I will look at that line when I get a chance.

HavenSwift - thank you for your reply as well. Seems to be a easier solution in the meantime as I have no items in my sale section. So that would certainly stand out right now.

I have been SO meaning to add some MODS to my site to make life and things a bit easier on me. Maybe should see what is out there now.

I will start a ne thread an see what you good people have used , recommend for good Cube Cart MODS sites.

Thank you both again!

Eddy