cache contents overwritten with older content

Andy Gillam

This issue is frustrating. I'm >90% certain the problem lies with my server;  I'm running cc 5.2.13 but had the same issue while running 5.2.12.   I'm beating up on my hosting provider to figure it out, but they're spinning their wheels.  I don't have any sort of backup/restore mechanism running so the issue makes no sense.

Issue

=====

Occasionally (once every ~48 hours) my storefront cache contents somehow revert to older content.  The desired behaviors return when I flush the cache.  I haven't been able to isolate the issue yet, as I only have access to the server via a control panel interface. 

Question

=======

I'm asking here for the sake of completeness, although I really don't believe it's a cc-induced problem. Has anyone seen occurrences of cc storefront cache contents overwritten with outdated content such that it was caused by cc?

I'd hate to introduce a hack like deleting cache files periodically, but I don't have the utmost faith in my hosting provider either, so any insight is welcome.

Thanks.

Andy

Hi Andy

We have never seen this before - certainly not on any of the many CubeCart sites we host but have never even come across this on sites hosted elsewhere before.

If it is specific files being over-written then I cant see any way this would happen without them being restored or copied from somewhere else. Surprised your hsting company cant offer some insight but then it sounds like you dont have too much confidence in them anyway !

Thanks

Ian

Thanks, Ian. My suspicion is similar to yours (something else copying/restoring from elsewhere).  In defense of the hosting company, I consider them professional for the most part, I just don't see them as apt to sink their teeth into scenarios that arise from seemingly insignificant circumstances when they have a constant backlog of support tickets to address.  I suspect you've seen the behavior: "I pushed the button. The problem didn't happen. Please provide more info."

I'll stay on them and will also open a cc ticket with specifics to be able to eliminate as many possibilities as I can.  

Take care.

Thanks, Ian. My suspicion is similar to yours (something else copying/restoring from elsewhere).  In defense of the hosting company, I consider them professional for the most part, I just don't see them as apt to sink their teeth into scenarios that arise from seemingly insignificant circumstances when they have a constant backlog of support tickets to address.  I suspect you've seen the behavior: "I pushed the button. The problem didn't happen. Please provide more info."

Even the best hosting companies will rarely get involved with anything they perceive to be application related and are unlikely to have any CubeCart specific skills.

I'll stay on them and will also open a cc ticket with specifics to be able to eliminate as many possibilities as I can.

I just cant see how this could be CubeCart related, especially if it is a couple of specific files - unless you have customised code or any plugins installed that are doing this but even then, how and why ?

Thanks

Ian

As I wrote earlier, it's frustrating and confusing. I only have one piece of VERY BASIC piece of customized code which just so happens to be how I notice the overwrites are occurring. 

I don't expect the hosting company to have cc skills. I do expect the hosting company to be able to speak to issues regarding file overwrites (intended restoration of outdated files) that may be initiated as part of their routine host management processes, however.

Thanks, Ian.