Does Zend Guard support CC 4.3.0 ?

cherylb

hi - this is a new post relating to my attempts to install my cc 4.3.0 on wamp.

i tried to install it on WS2.1 but was pestered with errors.

i decided to install an older version of WS (wampserver 2.0/2.0i)) & "successfully" completed the install steps.

however when i tried to access the shops homepage i received instead a page referring to a zend requirement.

now the problem is that WS 2.0 has php 5.3.3 & will not (i believe) work with zend optimizer only zend guard.

therefore can anyone please tell me if my CC 4.3.0 is compatible with zend guard?

thanks.

What's WS 2.1? 

Duh.. Wamp Server...

thanks for you reply  but why the inclusion of the above? - rather petty.

others may find the following useful - i apologize for any info already stated in my original post.

i purchased a licenced version of CC 4.3.0 (sorry, Cubecart 4.3.0) a few years ago & had it working with WS (wampserver) from that time also.

however WS stopped working a few weeks ago.

i tried various fixes but eventually installed WS 2.0j & also my CC to the point where it required zend extensions.

my original version of WS used "zend optimizer" however the new version with php 5.3.3 (according to various sources) will load neither zend optimizer" or zend guard loader" successfully since both are NTS (non thread safety) & "thread safety" is enabled in php & apparently cannot be disabiled.

if anyone can add further i would be obliged.

I have no response regarding the use of Zend. But allow me to suggest ionCube,

However, I don't know which ionCube "encoder" version was used to encode the *_enc_ion.php files for CC4.3. (I wish there was a way by looking at the encoded files. ionCube still makes available legacy loaders.)

I have no response regarding the use of Zend. But allow me to suggest ionCube,

However, I don't know which ionCube "encoder" version was used to encode the *_enc_ion.php files for CC4.3. (I wish there was a way by looking at the encoded files. ionCube still makes available legacy loaders.)

thanks for your reply - what i've now done is install wampserver 2.0c (php 5.2.6) which means i can use "zend optimizer" .

the problem is although i installed it years ago on my wamp i now can't remember how & can find no instructions on how to.

i've already installed ioncube but its still displaying the "zend optimizer required" page when i try my shops homepage.

if anyone knows how to install the "zend optimizer" i would be greatly obliged.

Please look at the contents of /includes/global.inc.php and let us know the value of:

$glob['encoder'] = 'something';

If the value says 'zend', then that may be the reason why CubeCart is still asking for Zend.

Try changing the value to 'ioncube'.

Please look at the contents of /includes/global.inc.php and let us know the value of:

$glob['encoder'] = 'something';

If the value says 'zend', then that may be the reason why CubeCart is still asking for Zend.

Try changing the value to 'ioncube'.

thanks again - finally got the issue resolved - will post later if you think its worthwhile? - about to go out.