Val skin and val store url at end of .com

slic535

These are new strings added to skins so that javascript functions can get their values.

In the CC5214 skins, there will be new code that looks something like:

<div id="val_skin_folder" style="display:none;">{$val_skin_folder}</div>

When Smarty makes the final HTML, the skin's folder name will be in this <div> block. Javascript can get the text in that <div> block so that skin-related functions can know the name of the skin (for fetching additional css files, images, whatever).

If you are seeing '#val_skin_folder', then there may be an issue with what your javascript is doing.

Hopefully We can see this when visiting your site.

Nope, I don't see what you are referring to. Can you give us a specific page to look at and where on that page to look?

Still not following what you are seeing or doing.

Do you mean to say that if I went to this address:

http://www.directknifesales.com/#val_skin_folder

the extra part would still be there when the browser shows the page?

Or do you mean to say that you are editing the template and you are putting a link in the template for some other site, and that this link looks like:

<a href="http://www.myotherstore.com#val_skin_folder">My Other Site</a>

the browser is not having a problem getting the page from that site?

In the syntax of a URL, the # character denotes an extra part and is interpreted as the name of an anchor:

<a name="val_skin_folder">

When the browser gets the page and sees the extra part, after rendering the HTML, the browser will scroll the page so that the spot where this named anchor appears in the HTML will be as close to the top of the document window as possible.

I followed the link as given, saw your working site WITH /val_skin_folder.

Then I manually deleted the /val_skin_folder and refreshed the page - I saw your working site as expected. I made sure by clicking on a product, and the url does NOT have the /val_skin_folder appended.

So the puzzle is - what are you clicking to end up with the /val_skin_folder version of your pages?

It SOUNDS like you are manually adding these parts:

if you put #val_skin_folder  or #val_store_url after any of the .coms on the site it works with them.

If that's the case, you might want to add a redirect to the .htaccess so that any strange server glitches or gremlins won't give search engines a chance to index these errant versions. Just the fact that we and you have accessed those pages could have given Google the chance to index them. I've seen that happen when I was fiddling with code, only to find that Google cached the messed up page that only lasted a few minutes.