I'm Seeing Double !

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I have sought help from this wonderful forum but I am back.

I was about to point somebody to my website when I noticed all of my pages are boubling up, scroll to the bottom of the page and the page starts again so there are 2x of each page on each page:

http://www.greyprint.co.uk

Also, all of the 'Latest Products at the bottom are all over the place/Bunched up.

I havent touched a thing, last time I looked everything was fine and dandy.

I do have that 6Scan scanning every day so that could make changes, I can think of nothing else that could have changed anything !

I'm still running 5.2.8 with the Vector theme.

Also I did report in the past that I was unable to set my own custom colours, thats not such a big problem so got around that as best I could - I'm not worried about that but it may be contributing to my current problem somehow?

I should of course update to the latest version but as Brian will remember (as he helped me get in the past) I had some things made for my installation:

This http://www.greyprint.co.uk/index.php?_a=letter

and an 'Image Uploader' option which I am sure will not work after an upgrade hence my sticking where I am.

Can anybody shed any light on why my pages may be doubling up?

Have your browser show you the HTML source code it received. Find where it seems your page is starting to duplicate itself.

What are the statements just immediately prior to where the duplication starts?

You should know I don't allow my browser to fetch resources that are outside your store's domain. So, that means whatever is supposed to show at the "6Scan Badge" area at the bottom of the page, isn't going to show for me. But it does seem to be a simple image.

These are my observations:

Firefox 35 (installed) that accepts encoding gzip,deflate. I get two copies from greyprint.co.uk (no www.).

Firefox 36 (portable) that does not accept any encoding. I get one copy from www.greyprint.co.uk.

After turning off accept encoding in FF35 (installed), I get one copy.

Turned it back on, I get two copies.

So, I am going to make a really wild guess and say that the web server, if told it can send data compressed, will compress two copies.

Many thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out.

Its really odd but for some reason everything is back to normal - I have not changed a thing !

I'm willing to bet its A2 hosting changing things.

All is well as I say but I will leave this thread here incase anyone else notices the same thing.