Currency Decimal Point

kalyncomputers

I thought I would start a new topic about this in General technical Support because I am pretty sure it isn't skin related.

I am testing 6.0.0 for a client. I installed a clean copy of 5.2.12 on a test domain, populated the database and tested - everything worked.

I then used the UPGRADE tool in CC to upgrade to 6.0.0 - that went fine except that the currency has no decimal point and an extra 0 has been inserted in the price so something that should cost £3.99 now costs £3099 - great if you can someone to buy it!

I tried to change the decimal symbol in admin but it didn't change.

After much head scratching, I decided to look at the database with myphpadmin. Looking at the currency table I could see that the default currency separator is a 0 - no problem, I'll just edit it. When I try I get an error message and won't accept the change.

So, I did the same thing on another test domain and this time I installed 5.2.12 and then I installed 6.0.0b6 and everything worked exactly as it should, decimal point in the right place.

So I looked at the database on both sites and I found that the currency table in 6.0.0b6 is different to 6.0.0, the pictures below show the difference.

The one on the left is 6.0.0b6, the one on the right is is 6.0.0 

So now I know what the problem is but I don't know how to solve it.

Is this just me or is anyone else having the same problem?

Tim

Everyone. During beta, the upgrade process went through each beta upgrade. 

6.0.0b1 -> 6.0.0b2 -> 6.0.0b3 -> 6.0.0b4 .. 

Since the version number changed to 6.0.0 the upgrade script skipped all beta updates during upgrade! This caught me off guard because coming from v4 the v5 beta updates ARE run. Crazy.

I just released 6.0.1. If you can revert the store back to the previous major version and upgrade to 6.0.1 it will be fine. 

I'm so sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Please follow on this thread: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>