Serious Shopping Basket Problems

annie9129

Has anyone experienced issues like this? Shipping charges for certain categories are not being applied at the checkout, when add to basked button is clicked, an error too many redirects page shows, but then redirects through to the checkout. Basket is somehow adding multiple items when just one is added, it is showing as empty when browsing through the store when it has items in - also the empty basket button does not work, the trash can buttons next to each item are not working. This has all just come out of nowhere and suddenly everything seems to be malfunctioning?!

If you are running CC6, I would like to see if the javascript is loading in the correct order.

If anything comes out of nowhere - blame your hosting provider. Please contact them and ask if there have been any changes to your hosting account.

Thank you so much for the quick response bsmither. The only changes I am aware of have been the following code added into the htaccess file - would this cause such extensive issues??

## EXPIRES CACHING ##

<IfModule mod_expires.c>

ExpiresActive On

ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"

ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"

ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"

ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"

ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"

ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"

ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"

ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"

ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"

ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"

ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"

</IfModule>

## EXPIRES CACHING ##

If this isn't you with this conversation, then you are the second person in as many days trying this.

To answer your question, I have no experience with this web server module, so I do not know how it would affect any web site - including Cubecart.

"The only changes I am aware of..."

Please let us know what changes were made, if any, by your hosting provider when they respond to your support request.

Hi all,

for Leverage Browser Caching in CubeCart 6.0.4 try the following instead of the above mentioned GTMetrix code suggestion:

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>

Cheers, ../ambidex

Hi bsmither and ambidex

Thanks for your replies! Coincedently the code change you suggested ambidex is what our tech guy used after some investigating! For anyone else with the same issues - the code as suggested by ambidex is the solution - we used it on our site and all issues now fixed :D