Dynamic Product Price Adjustment

nushine

As per Estelles CC4 Mod Dynamic Product Prices - Can you please make this possible in CC6. When options are added to products that cost and extra $$$ dollar amount.

Option: (size5 +$4.00) The original product Price should adjust instantly when you select the option to reflect the true price of the product. In the current CC6 no price adjustment is shown until you get into the shopping cart. Can this be fixed either in the next upgrade or as an Extension.

Dave

Hi Dave

This has long been functionality in CubeCart that has been disliked by many - having a base price and then a plus or minus variation. We have recently done some changes for one client where the base price is actually held as 0.00, then the price for each option is actually held against each option.  On the product page all options are shown with radio buttons with the options ordered from cheapest to most expensive and we pre-select the cheapest so that price is the one that is shown

This works really well for this client but currently only works when using a single set of options - ie size or colour but not both.  We are looking at adding that ability and then releasing the changes but if a single set of options is all you need then we can help

Ian

Thanks Ian I would love to visit the webpage in question to see for myself how it works. Do you have your clients website address I can look at.

I realy liked the way Estelles CC4 mod worked it was simple and worked with multiple options. the base price shown was the lowest price then when each option was chosen it would adjust the price accordingly.

Actually, the Foundation skin does work this way. The displayed price is updated (via javascript) to show the base price plus the option's price differential. And CC6 does have a new function (as compared to CC5) that responds to an ajax request for pricing info.

Please remind us which skin you are using.