[Resolved] Separate categories on home page Latest Products?

marko2002

Hi, just wondering if it's possible to show 2 different "blocks" of Latest Products on the home page from the two categories I have available - for example I sell new and used books and would envisage visitors finding it much more aesthetically pleasing to instantly see "New Books" and "Used Books" separately, thus giving them the choice straight away where they want to focus.

Thanks in advance

Marko

hmm, however, I presume this edit is for a different skin other than the "foundation" - edit's don't seem to work ...

In CubeCart's stock skins, edit the template file content.homepage.php. Find:
--------------------------------------------------
{if isset($LATEST_PRODUCTS)}
<div>
    <h2>{$LANG.catalogue.latest_products}</h2>
    {foreach $LATEST_PRODUCTS as $product}
    <div class="latest_product">
--------------------------------------------------

Those lines don't seem to exist, a few do but not the block as above - any idea's on how to apply this to the foundation skin?

Thanks again

Marko

As was mentioned in that conversation, applying the skin edits is very individualized to the skin. That said, all skins show the same general data, just laid out differently. Thus, the <div> structure, the CSS style classes, etc, would be different, but there will always be (virtually) the same Smarty code.

In Foundation's template content.homepage.php:

Near lines 18-22:

{if isset($LATEST_PRODUCTS)}
<div id="content_latest_products">
   <h2>{$LANG.catalogue.latest_products}</h2>
   <ul class="small-block-grid-1 medium-block-grid-3 large-block-grid-3" data-equalizer>
      {foreach from=$LATEST_PRODUCTS item=product}

If you wish, feel free to send me a PM with your email address and we can complete the edits to the Foundation skin by email.