[Resolved] USPS Shipping defaults to Priority no matter the weight

CoderJim

I am shipping small items of clothing (US), a few ounces at most, and I have the item weight noted as .110 for a selected test item in the CP/Product/General Information page and when added to the cart/basket it defaults to Priority Mail even though I have chosen 1st Class as an option in the USPS Module. Packaging weight field is blank in the mod, also there are no options with weight. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Lingerie skin (if that matters)

Please be aware that, until CubeCart has a valid Destination Address, your store's address will be used - so, shipping from your store to your store.

Also, CubeCart pre-selects the least costly shipping option. Unless edits have been made to the code that pre-selects a shipping option, are you saying there is some behavior that doesn't seem right? Are you saying First Class should be less costly than Priority? Is First Class offered as a choice (just not pre-selected)?

Understood on destination and since this happens, i have not progressed the checkout process further.

Yes, 1st Class for a 2 oz. item (US) would be $2.54, Priority is $6.65. I did not alter the code.

1st class offered as a choice? Not sure what you mean by that but when the drop down menu on the basket page says 'Select your shipping method' there is only one (kind of defeats the point of option ;) ) and that is Priority Mail in this case, 1st. class is not shown, which as you noted CC should offer as the least costly shipping option.

Thanks

Please examine the admin, Request Log. The response from USPS should be logged. USPS will respond with every available shipping product that qualifies. Then, CubeCart goes through the list of qualified shipping products and removes any that you have not enabled.

If the response does not include First Class, then for whatever reason, USPS thinks First Class does not apply. Or, there may be a name mis-match between what USPS calls First Class and what CubeCart is looking for.

Good point, in this case there are three items, total weight 12 ounces though it did the same for 4 oz., (14+ is Priority) it passed that right, here is a snippet of the response...

<Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Parcel</MailService><Rate>4.34</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Parcel</MailService><Rate>4.34</Rate></Postage>

Hummm, it does seem to have this option but CC is not showing it or recognizing it. FYI, that is the correct rate amount.

Okay, my bad, I went back and looked at the the plug in options and see that though I clicked the 1st Class option, I did not click Parcel which this would be. I am so sorry for wasting your time but perhaps this conversation might help someone else.

Thanks