Stop sending email to customer on Cancellation

richguy

Hello

We have some Pending orders in the store - sometimes the customer has wandered off never to return, sometimes they immediately place a successful order. For the sake of housekeeping I'd like to Cancel these pending orders. However when I do this status change, an email is sent to the customer. This has led to confusion on occasion with those who shortly after placed successful orders (as they haven't looked at the order number). Is it possible to configure so that no email is dispatched when the status is changed to Cancelled?

Thanks

Currently, there is not a way to disable (you do not necessarily want to delete it) any email template. But what you can try to do is to remove the text entry for the Subject field.

In CubeCart's administration, Email Templates, click the flag of the desired language for Cart: Order Cancelled you want to change. Blank the Subject filed and then Save.

The Mailer will silently fail to send if there is no Subject. (But I haven't actually tried this.)