Affiliate Links

johnallegro

Welcome johnallegro! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Just know that CubeCart is fully 100% human-readable - so we can make it do whatever we need it to do.

We just need to know what you think "affiliate links" are.

I am not familiar with what you want to do.

For each product, there is the ability to compose a description. Within the description, you can have almost anything in it (haven't tried iframes, yet).

Let us know in terms that someone who has not done this, and has no clue what it is, what you are after.

So, you have a product on your store, GizmoA, that is actually sold and/or fulfilled by VendorA.

Does the customer go to VendorA's site to make payment? Which means your site is more of a catalogue showroom?

Or does your site take the payment, but at the end of the week/month, you dispense the appropriate funds to VendorA? Which means your store is more of a consignment shop?

Each product can be associated with a "manufacturer". The link to the manufacturer's site (but not* their exact product page) can be displayed on your site's product page.

"when they click on the purchase button"

What happens in this scenario: GizmoA by VendorA and GizmoB by VendorB are both in the shopping basket of the customer at your site?

"it will go to the affiliate"

It? The customer? The payment?

Do any of these plugins suggest they do what you are wanting?
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/affiliate-trackers

When a customer wants more information or wants to purchase, the link will go to the affiliate site to order and purchase the gizmo through them direct.

I will get paid  a % as an affiliate. I also will have other products as a downloadable product from my site. I have tested this and got it to work.

I don't know how to set up the affiliate part where when the click the purchase button it will go through to the affiliate so thy can order direct from their site.

All of the plugins are for me paying out as an affiliate ( host ) and not for me to receive payment as an affiliate

Edited by johnallegro
affiliate Plugins