Need Sale Price on Options

Henry Wills

Found this thread which kind of fits my question but doesn't fully answer it. 

I found the "sale price" but I do not see how to see a sale price on "options" which has brought me to an abrupt halt.

If I cannot set "option sale prices" then where would be "special price for logged in users" be, as I have seen this mentioned - that is actually what I am trying to emulate. Would have to be settable on product options as well though, they carry a special price adjustment.

Thanks

The pricing mechanism on options has changed recently, but I think not in a way that solves your need.

One can associate a customer to a class (wholesale, subscriber, family member, etc) and create a distinct price schedule for the base product (Edit Product, Price tab).

I fear that option pricing is not connected to any sale price adjustment (such as global percentage discount) or customer classification.

• 1 month later...

I am running into this now myself.  The product I sell come in 2 sizes (20# and 40#), I was using a single product with two options std and large size.  Large size I added the additional price to it and all is good (std is $10, Large is double so gets +$10).  Now I am trying to setup customers and as mentioned the group discount is only discounting the base item price, not the +$10 for the optional large size. (what I want: $20-15%=$17, versus actual: $10-15%=8.5+10=$18.50)

If I have it figured out correctly from this thread, I think the only option to be able to show the customer their actual price on the product page is to split those products into their respective weights so that the product page pricing shows correct customer discount?

This mod seems to be very close:
https://www.semperfiwebservices.com/per-group-percentage-discounts-cc6.html

The way I read it, the mod applies to customer groups and provides a percentage discount on every product, including the options assigned to that product.

I think there is still the problem for customers (not in a group where the mod would not apply) which will have a product's option's prices not be affected when the Store Settings Sales Mode is "Per Product".

However, the Global Sales Mode will apply to the option prices. That is, an option of "Red +1.00", when Global Sale Mode is active with 10% off, that option will read "Red (+0.90)".