Need help can't access admin panel V4

deansus

Hi 

We are currently running cube cart version 4 and didn't know about the switch of in February

We became  aware of it when it happened and have since not been able to log into our admin . When trying to log in we get 

Software License Error #8

Software License Key has been disabled.

includes/extra folder exists and is writable.
includes/extra/key.php doesn't exist!
Note: The key.php file can be deleted at anytime and the store will attempt to regenerate it. Your software license key is held in the includes/global.inc.php file.

We have contacted the people  that host our site several times but they are just not interested in helping us sort this out ( but are happy to take our hosting fees )

I like to change our hosting account but don't have any of the cpanel url or passwords as it looks like they have changed this .

Can anyone help / or advise what i should or can do to be able to resolve this problem .

All i have is I do have access to the domain name with passwords 

Thanks in advance 

Dean

Solution:

Please contact our sales staff and they will investigate this for you.

Welcome deansus! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

It is critical that you have access to the files and folders of your installation. That will be with Cpanel or FTP.

Download the latest CC4 package from the CubeCart downloads page. You will need to replace the files index.php and admin.php.

(As an aside: I simply cannot comprehend a hosting company not allowing access to your site if your billing is up to date.)

Thank you for your advice 

We pay for the hosting yearly and it not due until June this year so thats differently not the problem . We were originally  with a really good  ( small ) company that got sold then sold again. I guess we are now just a number and not a client .

I used to have access to the Cpanel but along the way its been changed by someone and we have not been given the details.

I will call them next week to get all our info for the Cpanel as I'm sure it belongs to me then just change hosting company i guess 

Its been frustrating as I'm not that good with all this stuff :)

Thanks Again

Dean