[Resolved] need help getting shop/index.php only

Millie Moore

The following is the code I have with the if statement that was given to me and I thought it was to work on only my store's index.php page, but with it in my main.php file and I check both shop/ and shop/index.php, it all shows up on both pages.  I want the title and meta tag to show up only on shop/index.php.  Is there such a way?

{if $SECTION_NAME eq "home"}
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Millie, Larry Store</title>
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to the store on Motorhead69. We sell a variety of items from household furnishings to home furniture.">
</head>
</html>
{/if}

Please help if you can.  I have CCv6.0.11.

Thanks

Millie Moore

Let's start with re-organizing the HTML in the <head> section.

The main.php template, lines 15-36, approximately.
   <head>
     <title>{$META_TITLE}</title>
     --- Stuff we are not interested in. ---
     <meta name="description" content="{if isset($META_DESCRIPTION)}{$META_DESCRIPTION}{/if}">

Move the meta description up to be below the title:
   <head>
     <meta name="description" content="{if isset($META_DESCRIPTION)}{$META_DESCRIPTION}{/if}">

This makes it easier to keep or kill both these two lines with one test.

We will test if the SERVER_URI contains index.php in it.

<head>
{if $smarty.server.REQUEST_URI|stristr:'index.php'}
{/if}

This tests if the SERVER_URI string actually contains 'index.php'. If it does, then the title and description is kept. If not, the title and description gets killed.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Let's start with re-organizing the HTML in the <head> section.

The main.php template, lines 15-36, approximately.
   <head>

Move the meta description up to be below the title:
   <head>

This makes it easier to keep or kill both these two lines with one test.

We will test if the SERVER_URI contains index.php in it.

<head>
{/if}

This tests if the SERVER_URI string actually contains 'index.php'. If it does, then the title and description is kept. If not, the title and description gets killed.

I tried the following and it didn't work.

Before I saw this and did trial and error from what you told me, bsmither, this following worked but I don't know if it's supposed to work.

{if {$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI} eq "/shop/index.php"}

There is something we always need to keep in mind - Smarty caches rendered copies of templates. Sometimes, after making a change to a template, Smarty doesn't notice this and still uses the cached copy.

So, while we are making edits to the templates, we should have the cache function switched off. In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, Disable Caching.

Then have the browser show you the HTML source.

10 hours ago, bsmither said:

There is something we always need to keep in mind - Smarty caches rendered copies of templates. Sometimes, after making a change to a template, Smarty doesn't notice this and still uses the cached copy.

So, while we are making edits to the templates, we should have the cache function switched off. In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, Disable Caching.

Then have the browser show you the HTML source.

OK I did that and now I'm finding 'index.php' and 'index.php?_a=recover' now pull the same info.  Those two obviously need to be different.  How would I go about fixing 'index.php?_a=recover'?

"pull the same info"

Do you mean to say these two URLs show the same page? Or is it that they contain the same <title> and <meta description> content in the <head> section?

If it is just the title and meta description, then we can easily change the title.

In /classes/cubecart.class.php, near line 2716 (for CC6011, lines numbers may be off by a few if other edits have already been made):

Find:
	private function _recover() {
		$GLOBALS['gui']->addBreadcrumb($GLOBALS['language']->account['recover_password'], currentPage());

On a blank line after, add:
$GLOBALS['seo']->set_meta_data(array('title' => $GLOBALS['language']->account['recover_password']));

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

"pull the same info"

Do you mean to say these two URLs show the same page? Or is it that they contain the same <title> and <meta description> content in the <head> section?

If it is just the title and meta description, then we can easily change the title.

In /classes/cubecart.class.php, near line 2716 (for CC6011, lines numbers may be off by a few if other edits have already been made):

Find:
	private function _recover() {
		$GLOBALS['gui']->addBreadcrumb($GLOBALS['language']->account['recover_password'], currentPage());

On a blank line after, add:
$GLOBALS['seo']->set_meta_data(array('title' => $GLOBALS['language']->account['recover_password']));

I already have that and they both still show the same <title> and <meta description> content.

Right.

And that is because the link to "Recover Password" is /index.php?_a=recover when, if CubeCart was coded appropriately, should be /recover.html.

(See: https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1066 )

As mentioned elsewhere, some pages do not get the SEO treatment:
'account', 'addressbook', 'basket', 'checkout', 'complete', 'confirm', 'downloads', 'gateway',
'logout', 'profile', 'receipt', 'recover', 'recovery', 'remote', 'vieworder', 'plugin', 'unsubscribe'

17 hours ago, bsmither said:

Right.

And that is because the link to "Recover Password" is /index.php?_a=recover when, if CubeCart was coded appropriately, should be /recover.html.

(See: https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1066 )

As mentioned elsewhere, some pages do not get the SEO treatment:
'account', 'addressbook', 'basket', 'checkout', 'complete', 'confirm', 'downloads', 'gateway',
'logout', 'profile', 'receipt', 'recover', 'recovery', 'remote', 'vieworder', 'plugin', 'unsubscribe'

I can put the following above the 'index.php' in skins/mican/templates/main.php and then they both show different <title> and <meta description>. Would that work?

{if $smarty.server.REQUEST_URI|stristr:'index.php?_a=recover'}
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Millie, Larry Store Recover Password</title>
<meta name="description" content="Registered users can recover their password on this page on Motorhead69 Store.">
</head>
</html>
{/if}